How to Fix an NEI error...?

So, earlier today, I was lucky enough to have the transformer for my Neiborhood literally explode...while playing my Tekkit Lite World. I know that the problem I am getting is related to this, and I am wondering how to remedy it. Whenever I try to click on the search bar in the inventory screen, Tekkit shuts down and becomes unresponsive. Here is the error txt file that is generated on loadup.

NEI Version: 1.4.7.0

java.lang.ClassCastException: bu cannot be cast to bq

at codechicken.nei.NEIClientConfig.loadWorld(NEIClientConfig.java:318)

at codechicken.nei.ClientPacketHandler.handleSMPCheck(ClientPacketHandler.java:123)

at codechicken.nei.ClientPacketHandler.handlePacket(ClientPacketHandler.java:26)

at codechicken.core.PacketCustom$ClientPacketHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:105)

at codechicken.core.PacketCustom$CustomPacketHandler.onPacketData(PacketCustom.java:74)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:243)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:233)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:71)

at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)

at di.a(SourceFile:59)

at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1911)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:848)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks for any help!!

Just in case these suggestions make it worse, backup your %AppData%\.technic\tekkitlite folder before you try what I post below.

Try the following four steps first, they fixed this problem for someone else.

1. Go to %AppData%\.technic\tekkitlite\saves

2. Delete the NEI folder

3. Delete NEI.dat

4. See if the problem persists

If that doesn't work then try these.

1. Delete the tekkitlite folder

2. Start TekkitLite so that a fresh copy is downloaded, then turn it back off.

3. Copy your world folder from your backup and put it in %AppData%\.technic\tekkitlite\saves

4. Start TekkitLite and see if the problem persists.

5. If the problem still exists, please post again saying that none of this worked, otherwise you should be fine restoring your texture packs folder and options.txt.

I am assuming that the problem is with NEI, that you are running Windows, and that you are playing singleplayer. Do not forget to make a backup first.