Restart of server computer and autostart

Feekkee

Hi!

I have an private server on an Windows 7 Pro computer for me and some friends with the new tekkit 1.0.6.

I have tried to search for an good way to shedule:

1. save the world

2. turn mc server off

3. then restart computer

4. autostart minecraft server

once every day at like 04:00

Anyone have an nice setup for this?

Ye i have looked that up, but befor that i want my mc server to save the world, and then turn the server off. after that i want an scheduler och script to restart the computer and turn on the minecraft server again

restarting can be handled just by the scheduler, and restarting the minecraft serve can be done in a similar way, the only thing you will need scripting for it saving the server and turning it off. under windows i am not sure how you would grab the console and input commands, under linux this is much easier

I have some thoughts about installing ubuntu server on the server computer insted.

I have it at my side, and its not connected to an keyboard, mouse or monitor.

Ubuntu is able to start up and autostart the server without that you need to log in to any account to the server computer?

you would need to get familar with crontab and how to do upstart programs, but if you go headless (no screen, keyboard or mouse) then you just need to have a telnet or ssh server running on it for access, also screen will be very useful. you can script it so things will run as specific users without the need to log on if you set it up correctly, also with screen you can issue commands to the minecraft server automaticly at specific times

Hi!

I have an private server on an Windows 7 Pro computer for me and some friends with the new tekkit 1.0.6.

I have tried to search for an good way to shedule:

1. save the world

2. turn mc server off

3. then restart computer

4. autostart minecraft server

once every day at like 04:00

Anyone have an nice setup for this?

Save the world and shut off server with mcmyadmin or other server manager.

After shutting down use WOL to turn it back on.

EDIT: The AutoIt script I posted earlier was stupid, here is a better one. Use Task Scheduler to start this one when you want the server to reboot. Use Task Scheduler to start the minecraft server after the computer reboots.

WinActivate("C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe") 

Send("s") 

Send("t") 

Send("o") 

Send("p") 

Send("{ENTER}") 

Sleep(10000) 

Shutdown(6)