If you could choose your perfect server what would it be...?

Mineshaft87

Making my own server. What would be your ideal one!

- Factions or Towny or neither? Something else?

- Type of spawn? Basic? Medival?

- Amount of players? A few? 10 - 30? 200+?

- Minigames? Parkours? Events? Party drops?

- Swearing allowed? No swearing?

Please give me your opinions and you dont have to reply to all of those points :P

Thanks!

I hate to say this, but any answers you get here don't mean much. There are so many different ideas as to what makes a good server that you pretty much just have to start one and mess around with a bunch of stuff before you get a winning combination.

I hate to say this, but any answers you get here don't mean much. There are so many different ideas as to what makes a good server that you pretty much just have to start one and mess around with a bunch of stuff before you get a winning combination.

Yeah i guess your right. Thing is the real trouble is getting people on in the first place. Although i had this issue on vanilla minecraft so hoping that Tekkit Classic will offer more new players?

Yeah i guess your right. Thing is the real trouble is getting people on in the first place. Although i had this issue on vanilla minecraft so hoping that Tekkit Classic will offer more new players?

There's a (slow) migration away from Tekkit Classic because the newer versions (Lite and the new Tekkit) offer both (a few) advanced features in the vanilla game, but more importantly updated and new features on mods, as well as new mods being developed. A brand new Tekkit Classic server, while there will be people that play, won't see the influx that a new 1.4.7 or 1.5.x server will likely have.

There's a (slow) migration away from Tekkit Classic because the newer versions (Lite and the new Tekkit) offer both (a few) advanced features in the vanilla game, but more importantly updated and new features on mods, as well as new mods being developed. A brand new Tekkit Classic server, while there will be people that play, won't see the influx that a new 1.4.7 or 1.5.x server will likely have.

Yeah but i hear lots of people don't like the newer versions? And making a minecraft server on vanilla is like impossible unless you have a big youtube channel or somin cause you get like 4 new players every PMC bump post

Yeah, there's lots of people that don't like the newer versions because they hate love and change.

Basically, if you hear ten people screaming they hate the new thing and want the old thing back, you can rest assured that there's ten thousand people quietly enjoying the new thing.

Yeah but i hear lots of people don't like the newer versions? And making a minecraft server on vanilla is like impossible unless you have a big youtube channel or somin cause you get like 4 new players every PMC bump post

Where did you hear that from? If you watch the discussion and server posting sections on this forum, even though Tekkit Classic has the weight of the posts still, the combination of Lite, new Tekkit, and Custom posts is very rapidly catching up, especially given how long they have(n't) been around. That should tell you all you need to know about how many people "don't like the newer versions".

Where did you hear that from? If you watch the discussion and server posting sections on this forum, even though Tekkit Classic has the weight of the posts still, the combination of Lite, new Tekkit, and Custom posts is very rapidly catching up, especially given how long they have(n't) been around. That should tell you all you need to know about how many people "don't like the newer versions".

Oh ok thanks. I want to make a server with hopefully lots of players etc. Which one should i choose? My friend says hes got a fried who makes those custom mod packs etc and he's really good. Which should i go for lite or standard tekkit or other?

Yeah, there's lots of people that don't like the newer versions because they hate love and change.

Basically, if you hear ten people screaming they hate the new thing and want the old thing back, you can rest assured that there's ten thousand people quietly enjoying the new thing.

Tekkit or tekkit lite for my server then do you think?

I'm guessing you're going to start playing on the server with friends and people you and your friends know?

How about asking them first? Link them to, or show them the lists of mods in the modpacks and see which ones they like more.

I'm guessing you're going to start playing on the server with friends and people you and your friends know?

How about asking them first? Link them to, or show them the lists of mods in the modpacks and see which ones they like more.

I'm thinking of making a public server for all players and hopefully get some donations to keep it running etc.