question about redstone and stirling engines exploding

DexterGecko

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and Minecraft/Tekkit. Yesterday I was doing a lot of reading about the different engines and such. Most of my research led me to believe that redstone engines will NOT explode if they are even attached to something, and stirling engines will never explode, just turn off or slow down (or something ^^).

So, I felt fairly safe building a little test 3x3 tree farm. I just used the harvester machine linked to a chest and a tank for the sludge. On the tank I had the Sludge boiler linked to another chest. The machines were powered by stirling engines, and the sludge tank powered by a red stone engine. Everything seemed fine, it was slow because I wasn't using fertilizer or anything, but it seemed ok. I come back however to a crater in the ground.

What went wrong? It's frustrating because all of the videos and websites I find seem to be from different older versions of tekkit.

Sterling engines can explode if the power isn't used up fast enough. Redstone engines can only power Wooden Pipes and Pumps, anything else they just won't work. Use Steam or Magmatic engines - they really won't explode, just slow down or stop if power isn't used up. Attaching them to redstone energy conduits will stop them from ever completely stopping, just reducing power output and fuel use substantially while the power isn't used up.