Crashing - Noob to Servers

nyxora

I'm trying to get a Big Dig server setup for my friends and I to play but once we get it setup and we are playing, a few minutes later it crashes. It on says "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" before crashing and kicking everyone off the server. I wanted to allocate more memory to the server, hoping that would help, by making the "startserver.bat" file with "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar", but that didn't start the big dig server, just a regular minecraft server. Any thoughts as to what the issue may be?

I also wanted to start a server from my comp for my friends to play on without using LogMeIn Hamachi because it messes with our network cards causing issues connecting to the internet, especially for our laptops.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi nyxora

Firstly make sure the computer you are trying to run the server has latest version of 64bit Java installed to handle more ram allocation. BigDig server's require allot of ram because of the mass amounts of mods running. I would recommend a minimum of 3gb ram allocated for up to 20 people.

Secondly, I personally prefer to use a different version of minecraft for servers called MCPC+ This will make your server load up quicker and MCPC+ is always well up to date with builds of modded minecraft. MCPC+ will also give you a plugins folder for you to install stuff like essentials.

Download latest build here http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/

Thirdly, try this code in the .bat file when you have replaced minecraft.jar server file with your new mcpc jar file

java -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -jar name of mcpc file.jar -o true PAUSE

Fourthly, I have never found the need for himachi. Just make sure you have set up your port-forwarding correctly in your router

I hope this help

Luke

D|A' Gaming