none of the modpacks work

freddy20009

Question

Launcher Version: 246

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8.3

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program: none

Description of Problem:

when ever i launch a mod pack they open a window ,the screen is white ten goes black then closes

Error Messages:

Error Log:

20 answers to this question

Exact. Same. Problem. ;(

It has been over 6 months since I have been able to play Tekkit. I have already suffered from withdrawls and I died a little on the inside.

Launcher loads fine, no error report, but the modpacks crash before loading. Even Vanilla will not load from launcher.

OSx is 10.7.5

no AV

launcher 246

Java 7

Any reply is appreciated, Even if you are just saying that you have the same problem. I know we arent the only ones, and If we can draw attention to the problem, perhaps we can get it fixed with the help of someone with more TECHNICal experiecne. (See what I did there ;) lol).

I think I found the solution to this. Maybe. I also had this problem with the same config but I could play Tekkit Lite at least. Then I realized I experimented with LWJGL because of lags. So I tried the same on another modpack I couldn't play before and it worked!

Here's what you need to do:

1. backup your bin folder of desired modpack

2. download the newest LWJGL from here

3. unzip it

4. copy jinput.jar, lwjgl_util.jar and lwjgl.jar from unzipped folder/jar/ to your bin folder (overwrite those files)

5. copy everything (libjinput-osx.jnlib, liblwjgl.jnlib and openal.dylib) from unzipped folder/native/macosx to bin/natives

6. try it!

You must do that for every modpack you wan't to play. (And probably after each modpack update until it's fixed.)

I hope it'll work for you, it did for me. Otherwise -- sorry.

xergic please could you post that here sometime: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/please-read-all-users-experiencing-pack-crashes-solution.46980/

As for everyone in this thread, have a look at this too: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/please-read-all-users-experiencing-pack-crashes-solution.46980/ and post your error logs so we can see if there is a bug

5. copy everything (libjinput-osx.jnlib, liblwjgl.jnlib and openal.dylib) from unzipped folder/native/macosx to bin/natives

6. try it!

You must do that for every modpack you wan't to play. (And probably after each modpack update until it's fixed.)

I hope it'll work for you, it did for me. Otherwise -- sorry.

I dunno what you do in the 5th step :/

I dunno what you do in the 5th step :/

You need to copy those three files (you'll find them in native/macosx folder of the unzipped file) to bin/natives folder of the modpack. If you're still not sure, read this article on Minecraft Wiki.

xergic, I tried your steps. When Tekkit opens (main) all of the screens are upside down. Is this supposed to happen? What did I do wrong?

You did nothing wrong I think. According to another thread (can't find it now) there is a problem with integrated graphics (Intel). I have nVidia, so it worked for me. The only other thing you can try is launching the with Java 6 (if you have it installed) - how to. Or downgrade to Java 6 completely. In both cases you should also use older LWJGL version (probably 2.8.4 from here).

EDIT: Did a bit of searching and found out that switching to fullscreen (Fn+F11) worked for some. You'll need to change keyboard shortcut because F11 is reserved for Show Desktop.

Hidden

You're not alone same things happen to me. NO ONE KNOWS A WAY TO SOLVE IT. I just want to play Hexxit.IT HAPPENS TO ALL APP COMPUTERS. Tried to figure it out but i cant.It works in a Microsoft computer but not an Apple computer.Ive done over 2 weeks of reasearch READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW: 1.Only happens in apple devices 2.It doesnt happen to Microsoft computers 3.NO videos about this problem,I searched Youtube couldnt find anything about,searched the wiki and the internet found a couple things about 4.They will be solving this Technic said 5. They said in 2 to 3 months this problem should be solved -Technic. Thats all i found ill be doing be reseach about this all i want to play is Hexxit.Ill be updating this reply and spread evrywhere so evryone will know.

xergic, Please tell me in an easier way.I dont understand a single word but I want to fix my Technic already!

Read this article. There are two differences:

1. Download - lwjgl-2.9.1.zip from here

2. The folder will be ~/Library/Application Support/technic/_MODPACK_/bin/ (e.g. _MODPACK_ = hexxit)

Then you need to replace files from the zip you downloaded as described in the article.

I don't think there is an easier way. Hope this helps a bit. Should I try to make a video tutorial?

Read this article. There are two differences:

1. Download - lwjgl-2.9.1.zip from here

2. The folder will be ~/Library/Application Support/technic/_MODPACK_/bin/ (e.g. _MODPACK_ = hexxit)

Then you need to replace files from the zip you downloaded as described in the article.

I don't think there is an easier way. Hope this helps a bit. Should I try to make a video tutorial?

yea can u make a video tutorial because this just confuses me.

thanks