BSOD after some time

NukerNoah

Question

Launcher Version: Launcher Build: 246

Operating System: Windows 7 home premium: Service pack 1

Java Version: jre7

Antivirus Program: Norton

Description of Problem:

Launcher initializes fine, loads fine and will run fine for a while. After some time of playing my computer will crash and do a memory dump via a version of the infamous Blue Screen Of Death.

This has happened multiple times over a course of months with multiple modpacks, and has only ever occurred while playing minecraft with the technic launcher. Regular minecraft and other games do not exhibit this behavior at all.

I have no idea what causes this, there is nothing consistent with what is happening to me in game during these times. It has happened while mining, while fighting, building, even once while I was away getting a drink. The only thing that could be part of a pattern is online play but I play on 1 server machine with other people who also use the technic launcher but with none of my issues.

I have noticed this happening since the launcher change in early April and it has happened consistently since then.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

EDIT: In my recent efforts to create a workaround that allows me to exclude the use of the Technic launcher I have found indicators that this MAY be somehow related to Forge ModLoader somehow. Will continue to edit this post if I notice something off or conclusive about anything. And tips for further diagnosis would be appreciated.

EDIT2(07/14/2013): It wasn't FML, the workaround worked but was upkeep intensive, and this issue with the launcher still persists. Still looking for some assistance with this.

EDIT3(07/24/2013): Using Launcher build: 253 and this is still very much an issue. Any ideas cause this is really annoying and is killing my desire to play using the launcher.

3 answers to this question

Well it's been over a month with no response so this probably counts as a necro-bump for reaching back to page 11 of old threads, but I would really like some help with this issue. I have absolutely zero clue what the heck is causing this as I can't seem to spot any consistency aside from my hardware as this is constant across different modpacks both official and custom.

Potentially may be related to my Graphics 'card' Intel HD 3000 and the fact i'm on a laptop but I am still holding out hope that this can have a software fix. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated greatly and I will answer any questions as promptly as I can.

Currently deciphering how to read a .dmp file...

EDIT: bits I found that seem important

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an

interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually

caused by drivers using improper addresses.

If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced

Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL

Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :

bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation

bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)

Arg4: fffff80003090e42, address which referenced memory

READ_ADDRESS: unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolStart

unable to get nt!MmSpecialPoolEnd

unable to get nt!MmPagedPoolEnd

unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart

unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes

I shall proceed to inspect my driver versions now I suppose.