World glitch...

zorn

this is on the older version of big dig, but im just wondering if anyone has ever seen this before.

Apparently, starting at the back of my house and going at least 1000 blocks in one direction, the world was basically just... re-spawned. My house was on the edge of extreme hills, it just cut them all off in a perfect line, and new land and water were spawned instead. Everything we built is gone, and new land is in it's place.

Any ideas on what woudl cause this? This is like the 4th time we have lost all our work on our server, is there no way to back up worlds so you can just roll things back?

I had this happen on single player and appeared to be happening when using the World Anchor, lucky I was only using it in the Nether so it was only the nether it screwed up. When I switched to Dimensional Anchor it seemed to stopped. It the newer Big Dig World Anchor is gone so I'm assuming it was in fact bugged.

To back up the world, just take it down for few minutes. Then go to:

C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\.technic\bigdig\Server

Or wherever its saved and either backup the WORLD folder or just backup the whole Server folder. I'd just backup the whole server folder.

If things then go wrong you can just copy over the WORLD folder from the backup. Obviously it will only be a the world from when you took the backup. So maybe do it every night.

cool thanks for the reply, my friend running our server is going to start backing up the world folder. i was using the dimentional anchor, but the others were using the world anchor. hmm.

edit: im assuming that the world didnt correct itself when you removed the world anchors?

whats odd is that the guys who used the world anchors had no issues, but i was 2000 blocks away, and my area is wrecked. huge 500 x 500 areas were transplanted, then other areas have individual chunks all messedup.

applied energistics was in the old pack, and mechanism definitely sounds fun, i think with industrial craft i like 1: a hugely expensive, but super strong power source (hv solar) and 2: a reason to build those power sources (mass fab)

But with the update you have all the mod updates, AE being one that is better than I think it was before (not that I used it but before it required those build craft chips I believe). I was also like you and was on the road to building HV solar, mainly because I wanted the HV hat so didn't have to keep charging the jetpack. But the tin spawn was all messed up in 1.4.7 so there was hardly any. Although I had a semi automatic setup to make parts for the hv solar, now I've been introduced to Mekanism I prefer it much more than IC2. The Elite Factories are one of the main reasons why.