New to H/M and have a few questions

BrokenEye

1) Where can I find the recipes for this mod? There's very little information on the wiki and none of it is recipes. There are no working H/M articles on the Tekkit Wiki.

2) Can I make my own named items (Well Read Chain Boots, Dirty Yew Wand of Benching, etc.) or are those only found in chests in dungeons?

4) I've got a tonne of items (mostly leather armor and wooden tools) that have run completely out of durability but haven't broken yet. Are they still useful for something? Will they disappear after a while?

4) Where do I get passive mob drops like wool, meat, leather, etc. I haven't encountered a single passive mob. Just various monsters.

5) When I hold down the Left Shift (which I have set as my spells button) and click a number button, Spell Slot 1 remains selected and the item slot changes instead. Is this a bug, or am I just doing it wrong?

6) What are coins for and how do I use them for that?

1) Where can I find the recipes for this mod? There's very little information on the wiki and none of it is recipes. There are no working H/M articles on the Tekkit Wiki.

It doesn't seem like the sort of mod that adds recipes; maybe it doesn't add any.

4) Where do I get passive mob drops like wool, meat, leather, etc. I haven't encountered a single passive mob. Just various monsters.

Sometimes monsters or spawners drop them. I don't think there are any passive mobs, since the point of the mod is combat and it isn't much fun unless your foes fight back.

6) What are coins for and how do I use them for that?

If you get a coin item, throw it on the ground and pick it up. NPC villagers will sell you stuff for coins, when you find a village.

• 3 weeks later...

1.there aren't any new recipes besides repairing your items with dirt, ores, sand and DIAMONDS (not coal).

2. unfortunately you can't make your own gear name, you can only find it in loot chests.

3. they aren't useful, and i don't think you can repair any pickaxes and shovels, you can repair axes.

4.only in the newest update you will find passive mobs, but you can buy cooked pork from vendors (and from killing pigmen) and get colored wool from the tops of dungeon towers.

5.i'm not sure you can move spells, and i think it is a bug when you move your item.

6. you can drop (or right click if they are in your inventory) coins to add them to your "wallet" and sell them for epic gear from villagers.

(ps, don't get too close to the rolfcondas, they are a pain in the but)