minecraft slow all of a sudden

bmxfelon420

I just went in to do some work on my server, and it was running slow. Normally i run vsync and the game stays around 40-50 or so but it only seems to go up to 20 now. I checked and it does this with tekkit lite, vanilla 1.5, and the latest vanilla. I have wiped/updated display drivers twice, trying both the manufacturer's latest version as well as nvidia's latest version to no avail. Here are my specs:

I5 dual core

8gb ram

NVS 4200m

Windows 8

java 7 64 bit

I have already set optimus to use the nvidia gpu for java, the launcher, and the java in the system folder in the control panel. I run advanced opengl and everything on high except antialiasing OFF and previously this ran like i mentioned before, but now it doesnt. The only thing that happened since then is I had to do a repair install, but other games seem to work fine. I have tested with threaded optimization off and chunk loading on multi core, and it makes no difference. It actually doesnt seem to make much difference at all what my graphics settings are actually at, they can be on default and i get 20fps, or all maxed and i still get 20fps. Any idea as to what could be going on.

Oh and i also tried deleting the launcher exe and all the folders and reinstalling and it didnt help either.

The issue was actually the power plan being set to "power saver". Somehow, this doesnt allow the cpu to reach full speed for minecraft. I changed it back to "high performance" and it worked fine. It makes no sense either, all the settings inside the plans are the same.