I never experienced lag but now I do?

Polyurthane

If the question is "how do I fix it?" we will need more info. Does the lag happen when you enter your world in Hexxit? Have you played Hexxit before without lag? Have you been in a world for a while that only just started lagging? Are you hosting a server or playing single-player? Are you playing on someone else's server? Have you done anything recently that might cause lag, i.e. lighting 250 TNT, spawning a hoard of mobs, making a fast fluctuating redstone ciruit?

• 2 months later...

I seem to have the same issue. Whenever I try to play Hexxit I experience serious lag. I suspect that my 8gb of RAM ought to be enough. Normal minecraft works just fine, but after I've been playing hexxit for about 5 minutes and done no more than built a temporary dirt house to survive the first night I just start experiencing severe lag. I am playing single player, and the only way to stop the lag is to save and exit and re-enter, but doing this every couple of minutes isn't my idea of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I

I seem to have the same issue. Whenever I try to play Hexxit I experience serious lag. I suspect that my 8gb of RAM ought to be enough. Normal minecraft works just fine, but after I've been playing hexxit for about 5 minutes and done no more than built a temporary dirt house to survive the first night I just start experiencing severe lag. I am playing single player, and the only way to stop the lag is to save and exit and re-enter, but doing this every couple of minutes isn't my idea of fun.

I'll see what I can do.