Need help with Tekkit, won't start.

jtgoesfast

I'm having a bad problem with my Tekkit. Me and my friends were going to make a survival server. The last time that I had played Tekkit was when it ran minecraft 1.8.1. So I start up the Technic Launcher, select Tekkit, then login to my minecraft. Of course it downloads the latest version of Tekkit. When the downloads are complete, the launcher closes and the main menu pops up. I first test out a single-player world to see what has been added since I had last played. As soon as I click "Create New World" it shows the dirt textured background for a while, then proceeds to say, "Loading World." After a while, it disappears and leaves just the background. After waiting even longer it says, "shutting down internal server." Seeing this, I went to test it out with my friends server, it still came up with the same message. I couldn't find any solutions to this problem so I decided to make a forum post! PLEASE HELP!!!

On another thread on this forum, I forget which one but it was in the bug reports, it was said to increase your permgen size. I'm not sure if it's just that because I increased my memory as well when I did it. But yeah do that. To do it click on the gear in the upper right hand corner of the technic launcher.