Any tips of repairing enchanted items for less XP?

awesomealvin

Hello, I've been playing Hexxit with my friend on my server for a bit, and I made a crystal bow. I enchanted it with Infinity I, Unbreaking III, and Power I.

So this bow, it's about damaged 1/3, so I have 2/3 durability left. But the thing is, right now, it's costing 101 enchanting levels to repair. Is there anyway to repair with less XP?

thanks.

The repair cost is very sensitive to the enchantments you put on it, such as, a Diamond Chest Plate that's in the red zone with only ONE enchantment can be repaired with just one level of EXP. It doesn't matter how badly damaged your item is, the cost of the repairs depends on the amount/effectiveness of enchantments. So, I would try taking off some enchantments to cheapen the cost of the Crystal Bow. From what it seems, you most likely have a base set up and have a vast amount of resources at your disposal, so I'll try giving you this tip: Step One: Take off all your enchantments on the item. Step Two: Put only ONE enchantment on, and then repair the damaged item. Step Three: Put back on the enchantments you had on before. Caution, though, you will only get back 2/3's of your original EXP. But, it's better then paying 101 EXP levels. Hope this helps you out.

The repair cost is very sensitive to the enchantments you put on it, such as, a Diamond Chest Plate that's in the red zone with only ONE enchantment can be repaired with just one level of EXP. It doesn't matter how badly damaged your item is, the cost of the repairs depends on the amount/effectiveness of enchantments. So, I would try taking off some enchantments to cheapen the cost of the Crystal Bow. From what it seems, you most likely have a base set up and have a vast amount of resources at your disposal, so I'll try giving you this tip: Step One: Take off all your enchantments on the item. Step Two: Put only ONE enchantment on, and then repair the damaged item. Step Three: Put back on the enchantments you had on before. Caution, though, you will only get back 2/3's of your original EXP. But, it's better then paying 101 EXP levels. Hope this helps you out.

Oooh, okay, thank you very much :D