launcher wont even get to log in screen

dbdDemon

Question

Launcher Version: 2.0.0.253

Operating System: windows vista

Java Version: 32 bit

Antivirus Program: norton

Description of Problem:

when i start launcher it now has a load status bar, which wasnt there before, and once it gets to the end and go to the login screen nothing happens. anything i can do to fix this??

Error Messages:

Error Log:

geminikid13 i have the solution, but it will change back to the stable launcher not the beta launcher.

First, u go to %appdata% and go to Roaming

Second, enter .technic

Third, open settings.json and setting.yml through notepad

Fourthly, in setting.json, change "buildstream":"beta" to "buildstream":"stable"

Fifthly, in setting.yml, change buildstream: beta to buildstream: stable

Sixth, save both of them

Senventh, launch your technic launcher and see if it works

Eighth, thank me when it works

geminikid13 i have the solution, but it will change back to the stable launcher not the beta launcher.

Second, enter .technic

Fourthly, in setting.json, change "buildstream":"beta" to "buildstream":"stable"

Sixth, save both of them

I tried it but couldn't find %appdata% because there were so many! Than I tried to find roaming but same again! So many! I decided to open the technic launcher files with WinRAR and hallelujah. I saw all the files. I did what you said but in settings.yml I couldn't find buildstream. it said beta modpacks but not beta. I saved the other file and closed WinRAR, opened the technic launcher and. it didn't work. I looked at the WinRAR file and I saw it changed. it will just keep changing back to beta!

yahoo!!!!! i fixed it, i went into my downloads and extracted the files out. it works now, dont know what i did bu i am not complaining hahahaaa
if u can get it to work at least 1 more time, then go into settings (the little gear next to the red cross (which means close)) and change launcher build to stable. click the circle next to stable launcher build.

Second, enter .technic

Sixth, save both of them

here is your thank you because it worked

Using WinRAR, I deleted all the files related to tekkit and the technic launcher. it took a long time! but! It worked!!! I redownloaded the launcher and it said I don't have it already installed, asked me if I wanted to change download folder, said no, waited, and it worked!!! in did reset my tekkit modpacks and stuff but it worked! its another way to solve it. and don't worry if WinRAR says "your trial period is up, please buy licence?" because WinRAR will still work. make sure you haven't tried to run tekkit or it wont delete. restart then delete the files.

this is really screwy, i have tried to deleted all the files and re-install, it might work once then it doesn't. I can also get it to work if i keep trying to load the launcher with the loading status bar, until it freezes. then it will take me to the log-on screen. i think the developers need to look at what is happening to a bunch of us and FIX IT!!! but alas i doubt they even look here. I am going try it again thru WinRaR. i was extracting and deleting in my download folder

Second, enter .technic

Sixth, save both of them

Alright this gets my launcher back up but it aint a real fix because I'm still not using beta build...