Starting a new Tekkit Classic server and am in need of mature and helpful staff to get it going.

Obbiscuit

At the end of this month I'll have access to decent server equipment and very good internet (up to 22mbps), hosted in Sweden (I'm in Australia).

I've owner several servers before, but due to my schooling was unable to continue them.

Now that I've graduated and have alot of spare time, I want to give hosting another shot.

But I don't want to do it half assed. If you've skipped to the bottom to find out where to 'apply', then clearly you're not in for the long haul. I need people that are willing to put in some effort to make a decent server.

Throughout the waiting time (until the server becomes available) I'm going to be coding a forum/website, in which the staff (myself included) can put forward their ideas on the server's plugins and build.

I'm completely open to everything- from banned items to the name. At this point, I've nicknamed the project 'Ortaigo', which could, in my eyes, be the name of the 'country' that the world is founded on.

Now, to the joining. I'm looking for 3-4 Administrators and 3-4 Moderators.

Administrators I want (again, open to changes later on) to be responsible for the website and server as a whole. I don't like going onto a server and asking the Admin a question, and be given "I don't know"s and "you'll have to ask the owner."

I need people that are competent and know as much- if not, more- than me. Every Admin will have as much power as me (excluding server access- perhaps later, maybe, but allowing admins to access the console hasn't worked in the past). They should know the rules by heart- having made some of them themselves. They should know their way around the map like the back of their hand- having built it themselves.

I need people willing to put in effort, basically.

Moderators, I want to be responsible for in game, basic issues. Simple questions that are asked by the players like "what's the command for __" or "where do I go for__" should be answered by Moderators. Moderators also (as namesake) moderate the chat- ensure a friendly environment.

I think that's it. I don't ask for applications to be filled, but if you're interested in a position, please PM me with an explanation to as to why you think you'd be able to contribute.

I'm not interested in how many server's you've been an Admin to. I encourage people from every time zone to apply.

Thankyou for reading this far.

If you check your inbox, I sent you a PM, but if you dont want to read it there, then here are its contents:

Hi,

I would like to apply for staff on your server (No, of course I dont, Im here to ask about the rainbow unicorns you put up on ebay (#Sarcasm)

If I am accepted (A Minecrafter can Hope, Cant he?) I will be on for roughly 4-10 hours a day (Yeah, I have a weird time table xD), and will generally try and help anyone who asks about anything. I know A LOT about tekkit, fair play, servers, websites, plugins, and pretty much anything you can think of (Yes, that includes quantum physics, in case you were wondering xD).

I would prefer to be an admin (So I can help a lot more), but I would understand (nay, know exactly how you feel xD) if you only wanted to give me mod (Assuming I get accepted in the first place). After all, for all you know, I could be a trolling griefer who just wants to grief your server and wreck your life. But Im not. And I wont do anything of the sort. Sooooo, I hope you accept this, or at least get around to reading it, and if you need to know anything else, then just ask =D

-Jedi13

Well, I miss being in a good tekkit community, and I'd like to help make this server a friendly place. My IGN is Synaxin, I've played on a pretty good tekkit server before, however it changed modpacks. I'll apply as a moderator, as I'm not sure I could deal with being an Admin. I'm only 12, but due to being with older people my mind is more in the 13-14 year old range. I have little to no experience as a mod, but I know how to do the job. I live in the USA, and will likely be on random days for 1-2 hours as my playtime is limited.

Well, I miss being in a good tekkit community, and I'd like to help make this server a friendly place. My IGN is Synaxin, I've played on a pretty good tekkit server before, however it changed modpacks. I'll apply as a moderator, as I'm not sure I could deal with being an Admin. I'm only 12, but due to being with older people my mind is more in the 13-14 year old range. I have little to no experience as a mod, but I know how to do the job. I live in the USA, and will likely be on random days for 1-2 hours as my playtime is limited.

Thankyou very much for your interest- I'd be more than willing to accept your application except for the concern of timing. I need staff to be available often. If your circumstances change and you have more free time please let me know and I'll reconsider. Thankyou again.

Hi Obbiscuit, i sent you a pm and would appreciate it if you could quickly send me one back, I currently am not able to play Tekkit as I am on a mac and my computer does not support it, but i am purchasing a new computer sometime later in the month of November. I am 15 years old, and would be able to play most days for a few hours at a time. Thank you for your time.

Maximus

Hi Obbiscuit, i sent you a pm and would appreciate it if you could quickly send me one back, I currently am not able to play Tekkit as I am on a mac and my computer does not support it, but i am purchasing a new computer sometime later in the month of November. I am 15 years old, and would be able to play most days for a few hours at a time. Thank you for your time.

Maximus

Actually Tekkit does support the Mac OS (I have one) and it should work fine as long as you have java installed if you need help feel free to PM me. Also if you're getting a new computer, I build them and I love helping people pick out what they get! I know you don't know me but I'd love to help you out.

Actually Tekkit does support the Mac OS (I have one) and it should work fine as long as you have java installed if you need help feel free to PM me. Also if you're getting a new computer, I build them and I love helping people pick out what they get! I know you don't know me but I'd love to help you out.

Funny story. I know Mac OS supports it as my brother has a mac just like me, yet for some reason his works with it and mine does not. The only difference between ours is that he has a 13 inch mac book pro, and i have a 15 inch pro. If you have any suggestions, they are VERY much appreciated. And about the new laptop, I'll pm you when I have another chance!

Funny story. I know Mac OS supports it as my brother has a mac just like me, yet for some reason his works with it and mine does not. The only difference between ours is that he has a 13 inch mac book pro, and i have a 15 inch pro. If you have any suggestions, they are VERY much appreciated. And about the new laptop, I'll pm you when I have another chance!

Odd, maybe you have 64 bit java and need 32 bit or vice versa? No idea.

I would like to help you with this server my IGN is LightingWolf747, I am 14 years old, I live in Ireland (time zone: GMT) and currently admin on 2 servers and mod on 2 servers but I get really bored because 2 of them aren't 24/7 so they are down alot and the other 2 are very small and theres never much to do so I would love to help with this idea. I have been Head-admin on a server, admin on 3 other servers and once me and my friend were making a server so I lerned about alot of plugins looking for the best ones to put on our server and as such feel I know alot of commands and about alot of plugins. From my experience I have learned not to ban someone straight away unless you have proof (i.e screenshots etc.) and not to give people mutes straight away when they use caps or something but not to allow it go on too long you have to have a limit. Also from previous experience I have learned what to do in difficult sittuations and what choices to make. I also have made a website for a server that I was admin on so I have quite a bit of experience with websites. I hope you consider letting me help you with this idea and if you don't I wish you all the best with your server.

I can attempt to help out and be a moderator from time to time. Other than when I sleep, I typically have a lot of free time. And I do miss ol' Tekkit Classic, even though it can sometimes be complicated. Though I do have to ask.. Will EMC use be allowed? If so, will this be restricted and moderated? If not, I expect there will be tons of infinite energy generators around as well as infinite EMC, and to me that can often make the game unbalanced and unfair. I feel the same way about the Dark Matter/Red Matter tools and armor, they are too powerful and take away the whole survival and challenge aspect.

Hey there,

I'm Bill_S, and I'd like to apply for either an Administrator position or a Moderator position. Though you express disinterest in knowing how many servers I've been an admin on, I have an extensive background with Tekkit Classic, Voltz, FtB, and Hexxit thanks to the Eyetek server for Tekkit, Voltz, and FtB, and AustenCraft (we never came up with an official name, so this is my own creation based on the creator's name), Hexxit. I'm very familiar with GriefProtection, and helped change around settings for AustenCraft. In Tekkit, on the Eyetek severs, I specialized in IC2 Agriculture which deals heavily with Mendelian Genetics, and consider myself quite well-rounded in IndustrialCraft as well as Buildcraft.

I'm currently sitting-in on two classes at University, due to previous financial issues, so my free time is currently soaring. I live in the US, Central Time Zone.

As for banned items, I was with the Eyetek servers while they went through their "let's see what breaks the game and ban it" phase, and can offer my opinion/knowledge on what didn't work and was banned.

I welcome you to add me on skype! Panders1146. Hope to hear from you!

Hi my skype name is fun4678 I am a picture of a deadmou5. I would like to become staff to you server because I really do know a lot about tekkit! I was an admin on another server which is no longer up but if you would like to add me to skype we can talk. I am usually on 3-5 hours a day taking into consideration of school. I hope you take this application into consideration.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Misterfun4678

Hi my IGN is distroyer100 and my Skype is kasey.bonanno (unknown). I am currently 13 turning 14 Saturday I am on when i dont have school. I have been on lots of tekkit classic servers and i was admin on 1. I am a great builder and am willing to help with the server.

Add me to skype if you want to talk to me

Distroyer100