Technic Lancher and offline mode?

alekthefirst

so whenever i want to play hexxit (and/or other modpacks from technic launcher) from a place where i dont have internet connection(school has everything except internet explorer blocked), it wont start up the modpack.

now google tells me that i have to log in with a valid minecraft account on the modpack before offline mode is enabled, which i did. but that doesnt help. i click "Launch" but nothing loads.

nothing happens with beta launchers either...

so whenever i want to play hexxit (and/or other modpacks from technic launcher) from a place where i dont have internet connection(school has everything except internet explorer blocked), it wont start up the modpack.

now google tells me that i have to log in with a valid minecraft account on the modpack before offline mode is enabled, which i did. but that doesnt help. i click "Launch" but nothing loads.

nothing happens with beta launchers either...

I've done a similar thing. Turn off your wireless/internet connection entirely before launching. See if that works.

It seems that for some reason if the launcher's requests are blocked by the network, the launcher throws a fit. Same thing happened with the FTB launcher. Not sure if it still does, but I know it used to, at the very least.