[Fixed] No longer able to have Multiple accounts logged in

rcmaehl

Question

Launcher Version: Build 318

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Service Pack 1

Java Version: 1.7.0_45

Antivirus Program: Avast!

Description of Problem:

I am no longer able to have Multiple accounts logged in with the latest launcher. I usually have 1 of my accounts idling on my server, on one monitor, to glance at for problems while I play on my other, on another monitor. I can't do this since the launcher updated.

Error Messages:

Failed to login: Bad Login

Error Log:

Fixed:

<CanVox>: And I will put on my to-do list to add an option to always start into the login screen

1 answer to this question

Just for the information of people who are watching this: there wasn't a bug per se. When you attempt to start a launcher in which you have remembered users, it will immediately let you in. We don't require your password again, but we do get a fresh session key from the mojang auth servers each time, in accordance with their auth spec.

So what happens if you start up the launcher twice is you'll be logged into the same user on both launcher instances, but only the newest instance will have the latest session key, which is required to play online. The other instance will have an old session key which was invalidated by the newer instance. So if you want to use two different accounts, you should do this:

1. Open two instances of the launcher right away.

2. On the OLDER instance, log out and log in as a new user.

This should work okay. In the future, we'll allow you to the option of not auto-logging-in which will make it easier to log in on multiple users.