Launcher doesn't Launch!

Anormalcat

Question

Launcher Version: 342

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Java Version: Version 7 Update 45

Antivirus Program: MWAB and windows defender

Description of Problem:

I easily open the launcher and press "PLAY" But after doing so, It just shuts the launcher down and... Nope, No game, looked at all the FAQ

Error Messages:

None, It just stops

Error Log:

It seems to be too long to post here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50464081/techniclauncher_2013-11-18.log

5 answers to this question

So, I'm assuming you've tried disabling all of your antivirus programs and then running it, right? That often causes problems.

The log file is odd though, it doesn't show anything bad happening as far as I can tell, it just stops downloading a mod suddenly, (after successfully getting others), and dies without a sound.

My best guess based on the evidence you've given is that something external is killing the launcher.

So, I'm assuming you've tried disabling all of your antivirus programs and then running it, right? That often causes problems.

The log file is odd though, it doesn't show anything bad happening as far as I can tell, it just stops downloading a mod suddenly, (after successfully getting others), and dies without a sound.

My best guess based on the evidence you've given is that something external is killing the launcher.

I have windows defender, the most basic AV known to man, (There's an exception for it anyways) And MAB, MAB would ell me if it blocked

I have windows defender, the most basic AV known to man, (There's an exception for it anyways) And MAB, MAB would ell me if it blocked

Could you please try disabling MAB? It may not be blocking it directly, but it might be doing something more subtle that causes the launcher to freak out and die. I know it sounds stupid, but I've seen far dumber things make the launcher spazz out.

Other than that, I'm not really coming up with much, other than to nuke your .technic folder, re-download the launcher, and try everything again from scratch.

All I can see, (In the second chunk of the log. The first one contains even less useful information), is that the launcher starts, you hit play for the voltz pack, and it goes to download, gets a few mods and hashes them successfully, starts getting powercrystals stuff, and dies without a trace. Maybe I'm just missing something here, (If someone else can see what I'm missing, by all means, enlighten me!) but that's what I see.

If you want to try to get another log in the hopes that this one will be more useful, I'll be happy to look at it though.