MK2 tables crash server

Abusive

Question

Title: MK2 tables crash server

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: (Dedicated server, unsure).

Description of Problem:

When MK2 tables are access by someone who is not trusted on the claim (right clicking which brings up GUI) and try to place an item inside the server crashes.

Error log does not in any way point to GriefPrevention (the plugin used for claims), rather the exception is thrown from the server implementation itself.

The log contains things that are unrelated, however I left it so nothing is left out or missed

Error Messages:

http://pastebin.com/cLwGrB1e

Error Log:

http://pastebin.com/cLwGrB1e

8 answers to this question

According to CanVox (had to ask him since I haven't encountered an issue like this before):

<CanVox>: Someone is clicking on a 47th inventory slot in an inventory that bukkit thinks only has 45 slots

Which, I'm guessing, is what "[WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 47, Size: 45" means. I've confirmed that the AutoCraftingTableMKII has 45 slots if you exclude the

Also noted was that your plugin list doesn't list tekkitcustomizer while your crash report does.

I was able to reproduce this error under different circumstances on my own server and my server did not crash.

A few questions:

1. Have you patched your server at all (EE patch, Taeir's Fix Pack, or other patches)?

2. Does this give an crash errors to the client ('Internal Server Exception', perhaps)?

3. Are you sure that the server is actually crashing and not just being forcibly restarted by a false-positive by whatever restarts your minecraft server (Error : Minecraft server error. Server will be restarted.)?

Thank you very much for all the effort.

I have since the error log removed TekkitCust. Which is why the list doesn't show it

Here is an updated version of the error:

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: [sEVERE] Could not pass event InventoryClickEvent to tekkitrestrict

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 67, Size: 45

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 67, Size: 45

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: 67, Size: 45

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: [iNFO] Server is restarting. World is being saved.

To answer your questions.

We have the EEPatch and a custom WeapMod patch. (Have had it for a very long time).

The client does get that or the javalang error when they do this.

You are correct, it's a restart, not a crash.

What could possibly consider a 67th slot? :/

Thank you very much for all the effort.

I have since the error log removed TekkitCust. Which is why the list doesn't show it

Here is an updated version of the error:

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: [sEVERE] Could not pass event InventoryClickEvent to tekkitrestrict

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 67, Size: 45

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 67, Size: 45

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: 67, Size: 45

11:52:42 AM CONSOLE: [iNFO] Server is restarting. World is being saved.

To answer your questions.

We have the EEPatch and a custom WeapMod patch. (Have had it for a very long time).

The client does get that or the javalang error when they do this.

You are correct, it's a restart, not a crash.

What could possibly consider a 67th slot? :/

The craftingtable + player inventory gives a total of 90 slots.

Now if the player doesn't have access to the block on the server side but the client assumes it does, the client would show a total of 90 slots while the server would still only give the player access to 45. The server is throwing a fit because the client is trying to interact with slots that don't exist to the server because the client doesn't have access on it's end, which is making your server auto-restart.

You have a few options:

1. Disable the server auto-restarting (The error will still show up, but that can't be fixed with this option)

2. Have your users patch their clients (No error will show up, but I don't think a patch for this exists though. Also, most users don't know diddy squat)

3. Disable Automatic CraftingTables MKII (No error will shop up because there's nothing to cause it)

4. Try switching to something other than GriefPrevention (May or may not fix this depending on how the new plugin works)

Also, some additional patches you might want to look into:

dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/tekkit-restrict/pages/taeirs-fix-pack/

Well for the time being, I've disabled auto restarts on bugs and it works fine. Thanks a lot for that bud. Made a lot of people happy with that lil thing.

You're a champ and I really appreciate all the effort you put into finding me an answer.

Well for the time being, I've disabled auto restarts on bugs and it works fine. Thanks a lot for that bud. Made a lot of people happy with that lil thing.

You're a champ and I really appreciate all the effort you put into finding me an answer.

No problem.