Certain modpacks won't download

Ridiculisk

Question

Launcher Version: Launcher build 365

Operating System: Win7 64bit

Java Version: Version 7 update 45 (build 1.7.0_45-b18)

Antivirus Program: Avast! antivirus

Description of Problem:

I recently downloaded the new techniclauncher, but I get an error when I try to download certain modpacks. The error messages say "Error unzipping a file for the following pack: (Either Tekkit or Hexxit, depending on which I'm trying to install). error in opening zip file. Please consult the modpack author." The message appears as soon as I click the 'play' button. I don't have this problem with Tekkit Classic or Voltz. I didn't post in the modpack forums because it's occurring with multiple mods and I think that indicates a launcher problem. I've tried deleting the mod folders in the roaming folder, but the error remains. I've also tried disabling my antivirus, but I get the same outcome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Error Messages:

Error unzipping a file for the following pack: (Either Tekkit or Hexxit, depending on which I'm trying to install)

error in opening zip file

Please consult the modpack author

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

I tried it again, but I still get the same error. I have posted on the modpack's bug report forums as suggested. I still think it's a launcher problem though, seeing as it's occurring with only 2 of the modpacks.

have you just installed them?

because the site is down, so if you are newly installing them, it can't download the files.