Entity Texture Problems

S3KSHUN8

Question

Title: Entity Texture Problems

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 7u25-2.3.10-1ubuntu0.12.04.2

Description of Problem:

Other mobs and players appear to hav bizarre texture glitches. Here is an example:

Here is how my skin is supposed to look, and does look anywhere else: http://imgur.com/CUCgL87

And here's how I appear in-game: http://imgur.com/QuAfSE1

Other mobs and players have similar effects on them. I also have Win7 installed on my PC on a separate hard drive, and I don't get the bug there, leading me to believe it has something to do with the fact that I'm using Ubuntu.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

N/A

5 answers to this question

Update your java to 7u45, then try.

If that doesn't work, reset your mod pack (click the gear on the left of the launcher under the tekkit classic logo)

If that doesn't work, you could try upgrading to the latest version of Ubuntu.

Update your java to 7u45, then try.

If that doesn't work, reset your mod pack (click the gear on the left of the launcher under the tekkit classic logo)

If that doesn't work, you could try upgrading to the latest version of Ubuntu.

I've updated my java and reset my pack; neither of those seemed to work. I'm working on upgrading to Ubuntu 13.10, but last time I tried upgrading it ruined the OS and I had to reinstall it, so I'm taking it one version at a time. It takes a few hours to upgrade each time, and I can only do it at night when no one is on the server I host, so it could be a day or two before I find out if that works.

Thank you for the advice~

I've updated my java and reset my pack; neither of those seemed to work. I'm working on upgrading to Ubuntu 13.10, but last time I tried upgrading it ruined the OS and I had to reinstall it, so I'm taking it one version at a time. It takes a few hours to upgrade each time, and I can only do it at night when no one is on the server I host, so it could be a day or two before I find out if that works.

Thank you for the advice~

No Problem. Let me know if it works after upgrading!

No Problem. Let me know if it works after upgrading!

Well, there was a problem with upgrading to 13.04, and I ended up having to force a reboot on my PC, which then corrupted my entire Ubuntu OS, so I'd have to reinstall it (again). This time, I just sort of scrapped it and went with Linux Mint (15 "Olivia" (It was the most recent version with an easy Windows installer)), and now it does happen to be working, so... Problem solved, I guess ^^;

Well, there was a problem with upgrading to 13.04, and I ended up having to force a reboot on my PC, which then corrupted my entire Ubuntu OS, so I'd have to reinstall it (again). This time, I just sort of scrapped it and went with Linux Mint (15 "Olivia" (It was the most recent version with an easy Windows installer)), and now it does happen to be working, so... Problem solved, I guess ^^;

The corruption sucks, but good to hear the problem was fixed ^^;