Launcher Version: 374

Operating System: windows 7 x64

Java Version: jre7_update45

Antivirus Program: Comodo Antivirus free

Description of Problem:

not sure if this is a modpack bug or a launcher bug so here goes

I launch tekkit space after a redownload, and it works ok

computer gets shutdown or rebooted

i go to play tekkit space, doesnt launch, it goes through the usual extracting, then....nothing, like it just stopped launching it for some reason, ive noticed that the launcher hides when the game is started, the launcher didnt even hide

and guess what? tekkit's javaw process is not even showing in windows task manager(which normally takes up 2.5gb ram) all im seeing is the javaw for the launcher (which is taking up less than 150kb ram)

so i go and delete tekkitmain from .technic folder, go to play it after that, its fine

computer gets shut down/rebooted and....back to square one [see edit]

i have tried:

-uninstalling java and reinstalling java with a reboot for both uninstall and reinstall (as reccomended)

-removing ALL of tekkit

-re-downloading launcher itself

all to no avail, searching the net indicates that no one else is having this issue, since its not a java issue or launcher issue then what is causing my problem, which i have to re-download tekkitmain EVERY time i start my computer, and yes it works fine after closing the launcher and reopening in the same session, but something is causing it to chuck off whenever my computer is turned off, and i make sure that the game and launcher are properly off before i turn my computer off

further specs:

ram: 4GB

storage: 120GB windows SSD with 50GB free (this is where tekkit is installed, launcher wont let me change directory either)

1TB main (programs drive)

this is so aggrivating, all help is appreciated

Error Messages:

n/a

Error Log:

n/a

edit: seems that all modpacks are doing this now, this never happened to me prior to launcher build 374

edit2: after further digging i got this coming up in the launchers console, at first i thought it was a hdd issue, so i moved the tekkit install from my ssd to my hdd, with the same error popping up, if you guys have any idea whats causing this id be very happy, now even a redownload wont work until this gets fixed, getting major withdrawal symptoms :(

launchererror.png

1 answer to this question