[MISPLACED Mod please move topic] Can't connect to hosted server

Nevrosert

Question

Launcher Version: 377

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.8

Java Version: Java 7 Update 17

Antivirus Program: N/A

EDIT: I've noticed I placed this in the wrong section of the forum - will the moderator please move this to the appropriate section?

Description of Problem:

This is indeed not my problem, but my friend's, but it concerns me all the same. He has a macbook, running snow leopard and the latest java. When attempting to connect to my custom modpack server, hosted on a large provider, he is stuck "Connecting to server", but will see the server as available in the selection screen. Eventually after attempting to connect for a while it will time out (error log from server provided).

The funny thing is that when attempting to connect to servers with other modpacks he has no issues, and when attempting to connect to others with the custom modpack via LAN (clients who have no problem connecting to the server in question) there also are no issues.

Hence, this must be a server side issue? My server provider is using McMyAdmin.

Please help, I have no idea what is the problem here, but something tells me it's not his fault.

Error Messages:

Connection timed out

Error Log:

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(Unknown Source)

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet.func_73272_a(Packet.java:145)

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74447_i(TcpConnection.java:325)

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74450_c(TcpConnection.java:549)

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] at net.minecraft.network.TcpReaderThread.run(SourceFile:94)

23:38:40 CONSOLE: [iNFO] /***.***.***.***:50021 lost connection

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet