My Tekkit keeps lagging!

I play Tekkit with the default texture pack and all of my settings are at minimum, but I still lag and my FPS is at 15 most of the time. I don't even have any machines all I've done is mine for some ores and now I'm building a house out of marble. It's playable and better than my friend's FPS, he only gets about 11, but I was just wondering if I could make it better somehow. I don't have any machines now, so I'd hate to see the lag when I make an EMC farm. I am using a laptop with 1.3 GHz AMD processors and graphics, 4 GB RAM (3.6 usable), 2.5 allocated to Tekkit, and Windows 8. I know it isn't a good gaming computer, but I had a computer with 2 GB RAM and I had an entire factory with 10-20 FPS. I am running Tekkit with the Minecraft launcher and I get 5 more FPS than I used to get. Do you have any more ideas to reduce Tekkit lag?

I play Tekkit with the default texture pack and all of my settings are at minimum, but I still lag and my FPS is at 15 most of the time. I don't even have any machines all I've done is mine for some ores and now I'm building a house out of marble. It's playable and better than my friend's FPS, he only gets about 11, but I was just wondering if I could make it better somehow. I don't have any machines now, so I'd hate to see the lag when I make an EMC farm. I am using a laptop with 1.3 GHz AMD processors and graphics, 4 GB RAM (3.6 usable), 2.5 allocated to Tekkit, and Windows 8. I know it isn't a good gaming computer, but I had a computer with 2 GB RAM and I had an entire factory with 10-20 FPS. I am running Tekkit with the Minecraft launcher and I get 5 more FPS than I used to get. Do you have any more ideas to reduce Tekkit lag?

Maybe put a little more RAM into tekkit if you can, it helped me a little. There's not too much you can do about the lag, tekkit has lots of mods so it is expected to lag.