No one else can connect to my hamachi server?

chahud42

Today i wanted to make a Tekkit Classic server for my friends and I to play on together. I can make minecraft servers fine, but when it comes to tekkit servers, I've never been successful. However, i gave it a try. Turns out it works fine...for me. I run any servers with LogMeIn Hamachi and we connected via that. I ran the server and connected to it. I got excited at this point because it never worked for me. I told him to connect to my server with my Hamachi IP that hes connected to. However, although it looked promising, it didn't work. He couldn't connect to it, and when he tried to, it would stay on connecting to server. I told him to give it a try at making one to see if it's just my computer, and i couldn't connect to his. I've used Hamachi making servers before just fine, but I'm not sure if its something I'm doing wrong, or what? Any help? :)

He's using hamachi, and he's connected to your hamachi network... right? (Your description is kind of vauge)

Failing that, If your router has a dynamic IP/your IP changes when you reset it like mine does, that can cause all sorts of funkyness with Hamachi. You'll likely have to each create a new network and rejoin together.

Other than that, is your minecraft server set to use your hamachi IP?

Sorry for being so vague, I'll try to answer whatever questions you may have. He IS connected to my network and the ip-address in the server.properties is set to the hamachi IP. However, if you have a dynamic IP, how does that confuse hamachi? Isn't that what hamachi is for? (putting it simply) I thought it was to connect through hamachi so you don't have to worry about stuff like that?

Sorry for being so vague, I'll try to answer whatever questions you may have. He IS connected to my network and the ip-address in the server.properties is set to the hamachi IP. However, if you have a dynamic IP, how does that confuse hamachi? Isn't that what hamachi is for? (putting it simply) I thought it was to connect through hamachi so you don't have to worry about stuff like that?

I'm.... actually not too sure about the specifics. I haven't used hamachi in over a year. I just know that every time my router was rebooted, it got a new ip, and my old hamachi connections stopped working, (They looked like they would work, and you could chat with them, but they didn't really work for what I was doing), so I had to re-do them all by making a new hamachi network. I'd try that before anything else.