Unexpected Error when launching tekkit lite

LegendaryChakratic

Question

Launcher Version: 383

Operating System: Windows 8 x64

Java Version: jre7

Antivirus Program: Avast

Description of Problem:

When I select tekkit lite, and press "Play" it starts launching and crashed at Processing Version..., and sometimes at other times. I've tried resetting the pack also, but it just delayed the error to further loading points and didn't change anything.

Error Messages:

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occured - Please report to https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicLauncher/issues

Error:

Error Log:

Stack Trace:

Exception: JsonSyntaxException

Message: java.io.EOFException: End of input at line 1218 column 1

Trace:

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:813)

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:768)

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:717)

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:689)

net.technicpack.launchercore.install.tasks.GetAssetsIndexTask.runTask(GetAssetsIndexTask.java:53)

net.technicpack.launchercore.install.tasks.InstallTasksQueue.RunAllTasks(InstallTasksQueue.java:33)

net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installPack(ModpackInstaller.java:103)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.InstallThread.run(InstallThread.java:61)

Caused By: (EOFException)

[End of input at line 1218 column 1]

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:813)

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:768)

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:717)

com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:689)

net.technicpack.launchercore.install.tasks.GetAssetsIndexTask.runTask(GetAssetsIndexTask.java:53)

net.technicpack.launchercore.install.tasks.InstallTasksQueue.RunAllTasks(InstallTasksQueue.java:33)

net.technicpack.launchercore.install.ModpackInstaller.installPack(ModpackInstaller.java:103)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.InstallThread.run(InstallThread.java:61)

1 answer to this question

The bug was resolved, I fount on github someone else posting this, the link: https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicLauncher/issues/420 and they said to delete the legacy.json file in %appdata%.technic\assets\indexes\legacy.json, and I did that, and it got fixed. I recognised my mistake when looking at the folder and launcher launching at the same time, previously I had stopped the launcher because it was stuck loading on something, and next time I launched, as it loaded on the same thing I saw the legacy.json be generated again. I believe when I stopped the launcher, the legacy.json file was corrupted.