Help With Loading World

Chriguana

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section. This is my first post on the forums.

Anyways, today I was playing tekkit main and all of sudden my computer turned off. I checked around the web and it said my computer turned off because my graphics card is overheating. So I turned on my laptop again and found I couldn't load my world. All my other worlds loaded, but the one I was playing with when my laptop turned off gets stuck on "Building Terrain". So I ran it with the console and found this :

2014-02-13 12:41:17 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The following problems were captured during this phase
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from AtomicScience
 java.lang.NullPointerException
  at universalelectricity.prefab.flag.ModFlag.readFromNBT(ModFlag.java:34)
  at universalelectricity.prefab.flag.ModFlag.<init>(ModFlag.java:27)
  at atomicscience.ZhuYao.serverStarting(ZhuYao.java:719)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)
  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
  at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
  at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
  at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
  at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:192)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:172)
  at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:103)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverStarting(Loader.java:740)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerStarting(FMLCommonHandler.java:314)
  at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:107)
  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:431)
  at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] A fatal exception occurred during the server starting event
 java.lang.NullPointerException
  at universalelectricity.prefab.flag.ModFlag.readFromNBT(ModFlag.java:34)
  at universalelectricity.prefab.flag.ModFlag.<init>(ModFlag.java:27)
  at atomicscience.ZhuYao.serverStarting(ZhuYao.java:719)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)
  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:192)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:172)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:103)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverStarting(Loader.java:740)
  at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerStarting(FMLCommonHandler.java:314)
  at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:107)
  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:431)
  at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Stopping server
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving players
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving worlds
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving chunks for level 'Fort Chriguana'/Overworld
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at atomicscience.ZhuYao.worldSave(ZhuYao.java:731)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_21_ZhuYao_worldSave_Save.invoke(.dynamic)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:39)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:108)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_73044_a(WorldServer.java:907)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71267_a(MinecraftServer.java:346)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71260_j(MinecraftServer.java:379)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71260_j(IntegratedServer.java:240)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:523)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [Galacticraft] Unregistered Dimension: -28
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
 2014-02-13 12:41:17 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state AVAILABLE. Errors may have been discarded.
 2014-02-13 12:42:37 [INFO] [STDERR] java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL: http://rs485.thezorro266.com/version/check.php?VERSION=0.7.3.technic.637:false
 2014-02-13 12:42:37 [INFO] [STDERR]  at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
 2014-02-13 12:42:37 [INFO] [STDERR]  at java.net.URLConnection.getContent(Unknown Source)
 2014-02-13 12:42:37 [INFO] [STDERR]  at logisticspipes.ticks.VersionChecker.run(VersionChecker.java:35)

I tried using level.dat_old and level.dat from another world, but it still didn't work, so it's not that.

The error message seems to have something to do with Atomic Science.

Any ideas?

Edited by Chriguana

I have been having the same problem!  I couldn't load one of my worlds, but if I create a new one it works for a little bit then starts to freeze up... but still this one world of mine it will not load.  

I tried deleting launcher, even the .technic file (I have the world backed up of course).  

But I think there is still hope because if I copy the world from the .technic save and I put it into my .minecraft (vanilla) save and load the world on vanilla, it flawlessly loads and everything I mined/built is there (with the exception of materials/blocks from other modpacks)

I am thinking there must be a conflict with a couple of the mods installed?

But I think there is still hope because if I copy the world from the .technic save and I put it into my .minecraft (vanilla) save and load the world on vanilla, it flawlessly loads and everything I mined/built is there (with the exception of materials/blocks from other modpacks)

Well this at least proves its mod problem and not something to do with vanilla. This makes sense though because replacing level.dat didn't help.

I am thinking there must be a conflict with a couple of the mods installed?

I don't think its that. I found a post with the same problem except it's on the old forum which don't exist anymore so I can't read it. I just saw the title on google. Here's the web address fro it: forums.technicpack.net/threads/crash-suspect-save-corruption.49636/. Try loading the world with the console running (it can be turned on in the technic launcher options).

I'm almost positive it's atomic science because if you look in the console only atomic science says:

AtomicScience{0.6.2} [Atomic Science] (Atomic_Science_v0.6.2.117.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Errored 

Everything else says available at the end

Do you know what caused the problem in your case? (e.g., crash, computer turning off)

Edited by Chriguana

Well, I think my world got messed up because I tried to load it, and it took way to long so I had to get task manager open to exit out. My computer never shut down though.  I was having problems with the launcher too at the time.  And I still do have trouble with the launcher. after I try to reset the pack, or sometimes I don't even have to try to reset the pack i get this message while trying to open tekkit from the launcher:

"An error occurred while attempting to delete 'C:Users(Computer profile name)AppDataRoaming.technicmodpackstekkitmainmodsAdditionalPipes2.3.1-BC3.7.1.jar' from cache:"

Maybe this has something to do with us having trouble with our worlds?

Hmm, that was weird.  I delete the launcher (AGAIN) and re-downloaded it, I made sure the console was up when I started my world and it actually loaded =D.

I did see in the console that there were some errors such as getting a recipe for mekkanism, also something about "Call getItem failed" for some items, but the world loaded.

By the way, I restarted my computer shortly before opening the world and my computer had to do an update, so I am thinking that somehow helped me?  I have to see if the world will continue to work or if this become a problem again.

Also, try making sure you have the latest launcher (431)

Hopefully your world will start to work again for you.  Might be one of those technical difficulties where you take break and it fixes itself.

---I noticed that settings such as sort keys/middle click got reset to their default setting, it put me back into cheat mode, and it restarted the acheivement system

Edited by Golfercab