Technik Newbie: Can't get Client/Server to work

Treczoks

Hi!

So far I have a vanilla Mojang clinet/server system running fine here. My son bugged me to no end to install Tekkic Classic, and I finally caved in.

I dowloaded a Technik Launcher 439 for Linux and the Tekkit ClassicServer 3.1.2 today.

I unpacked the server and did a chmod 755 to the launch.sh. The server started and looks fine. This "Technik Launcher" worked, too, after it downloaded stuff for ages. I can add the my server to the list of servers, but it is listed as having a "Communication Error". Server is on the local network, the ports are free (the Mojang server is not running at the moment), there is no firewall issues involved. In fact, when Itry to connect, the server seems to notice this, as it prints a line with IP and port and the message "lost connection".

I whitelisted my username from the server console, but no change.

I expected this to work "out of the box" (at least if I don't meddle with things), but this is not the case.Sadly, I could not locate any useful documentation for the Tekkit system - the wiki is not really helpful,the FAQ is a laugh, and the forum search did not produceanything helpful.

IS there any useful documentation for this Tekkit stuff available at all? Just pointing to a forum IMHO is a cheap shot...

Yours,

Christian

The issue is likely how you set up the server but without any real information its hard to say

Hi,

I am aware of that. So what does one need to help me here? Which config- or logfiles do I have to post?

On the other hand, I din't do any changes, I just unpacked the zip and ran it, and, as they seem to at least somehow notice each other, networking seems to be ok.

I'm glad to provide whatever is needed to resolv this, but I honestly don't know which would be relevant.

Yours,

Christian

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue. Not sure where to start or look for problems or what information is needed to problem solve. Anyone who would be willing to help or walk me through the process would be appreciated.

Edited by Gr8Gregg