ERROR: Can't find Java directory

mortiis99

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 1.0.1.2

Operating System: Windows 7

Version of Java: 6.32

Description of Problem: I tried running it first time, and got the error message. I then updated my Java so it was all new and what not, but still got the error message. Anyone know of any fixes?

Error Messages: CAN'T FIND JAVA DIRECTORY

7 answers to this question

So you're still running Java 6? Try 7. Also make sure you're running the correct bit version (32 or 64) of Java to match your OS (since you didn't say which one that was).

Next, set the Java path so Windows can find it if you're not using it in the shortcut. Find the path in Control Panel > Java > Java tab > Path. It's usually C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin - it's probably jre6 for you. Then go to Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced tab > Environment Variables... button > scroll down to find Path > add the full path including the bin directory to the variable definition, using a semicolon as a separator.

The above will not necessarily fix your problem, but it may.

You can have both at the same time. Go into your Control Panel > Programs and remove Java 6. You shouldn't need it for anything, and worst case you can always reinstall it later. You may need to change your system path to find Java 7 though.

I am also having the same problem, looks like it's launching, and then says "Can not find Java directory"

I've done the above steps, installed the latest Java, removed Java 6, redirected the path, and it still isn't launching

I did notice that I have Java 32bit, when my system is Windows 7 86bit