flyingmonkey472

Question

I need some help, i cant figure out how/if there is a way to disable mods in a pack, i was told it was the "mod select" button at the log-in screen, but it doesnt appear to do anything? I tried to manually delete the mod, it was just re-loaded by the launcher... if anybody knows how to do this, please tell me

3 answers to this question

If the mod is run by ModLoader and can be disabled, it'll be in the config file, which is what the Mod Select button opens anyway. That'd be the ModLoader.cfg file in your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\[modpack]\config folder. If it's integrated into the .jar like, say, OptiFine, it's much harder to get rid of.

would it be possible to remove convenient inventory? i would like to use the NEI in technic pack, but when i remove it, it just gets loaded back in after the launcher starts it up.

And i tried to remove what i think was convenient inventory through your instructions; it was just replaced next time i started the technic launcher, maybe its just the version im using?

(correct incase im wrong: i removed three files named 1)InvTweaks.cfg 2)InvTweaksRules and 3)InvTweaksTree...would these be the wright files? no file was actually named convenient inventory)

would it be possible to remove convenient inventory? i would like to use the NEI in technic pack, but when i remove it, it just gets loaded back in after the launcher starts it up.

And i tried to remove what i think was convenient inventory through your instructions; it was just replaced next time i started the technic launcher, maybe its just the version im using?

(correct incase im wrong: i removed three files named 1)InvTweaks.cfg 2)InvTweaksRules and 3)InvTweaksTree...would these be the wright files? no file was actually named convenient inventory)

Inventory tweaks is a mod you want. It replaces tools when they are broken (with tools in your inventory), it gives the option to sort your items, and it's all around amazing. Purely for those of us who are sticklers for keeping things organized. Convenient inventory gets in the way of a lot of things. I'd love to remove it, but I don't know how. Convenient inventory is what is preventing you from shift+clicking things into your hot bar, shift+clicking something in a furnace or a transmutation tablet into a full stack in your inventory; it's an all around pain and I don't believe I've found anything that it has done good. I would much rather it just be removed completely. I can't turn one iron into dirt to fill in lakes and sections in a river in seconds like I could WITHOUT convenient inventory. Inventory tweaks? Keep it. Best inventory mod I've seen.