Tekkit server

I am attempting to start a Minecraft server using Tekkit and Hamachi, and I have found myself unable to connect to it. I hosted one while Minecraft was in Beta, and school required me to give up the hobby for some time, so my experiences are rather out of date.

The error message I get when attempting to join using either the Hamachi IP or the 'localhost' command is

"Connection Lost"

"End of Stream"

The server then reports

"[iNFO] /5.38.69.116:50527 lost connection"

The machine hosting is the same I use to play, the hardware specs are

Windows 7 64-bit & Java 7

Intel Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz

8GB DDR2 RAM

When I ran the server before, I never had any problem with memory shortages, and it shows no evidence of being short that I can see so far, it is unable to connect. Would anyone have advice for a newbie to Tekkit?

You're almost there. Do you have an error log? Also, the Hamachi IP won't do you any good on the same computer, or at least it didn't last I checked. This isn't a memory problem - it seems like a configuration issue, on either client or server end.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I don't have a log of it. I have tried it using the Hamachi IP address and by using 'localhost' in the multiplayer address and neither of them work. The only information it gives me is what I stated in the first post.