Launcher and Updating

joeztoothbrush

Question

Launcher/pack Version:Launcher EXE (1.0.1.3)

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Version of Java: JRE 1.7u4 (Win 64bit)

Description of Problem: When I try and open the launcher it goes to "searching for updates" then immediately closes. I have searched everywhere for fixes and everyone says make sure you have the right java and try and re download the launcher. I have done these things and nothing is solved. I am able to start the game manually with the jar file but this means I cannot update to 2.1.1

Error Messages: N/A

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/awd77rNZ

3 answers to this question

If you're able to start the launcher manually with the .jar, you shouldn't have any problems picking whatever version you want, although I'd probably delete the old one if you're updating. Versions of Technic/Tekkit don't seem to like overwriting old versions very much most of the time.

Launcher/pack Version:Launcher EXE (1.0.1.3)

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Version of Java: JRE 1.7u4 (Win 64bit)

Description of Problem: When I try and open the launcher it goes to "searching for updates" then immediately closes. I have searched everywhere for fixes and everyone says make sure you have the right java and try and re download the launcher. I have done these things and nothing is solved. I am able to start the game manually with the jar file but this means I cannot update to 2.1.1

Error Messages: N/A

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/awd77rNZ

Gee thanks for filling out the whole report. I'm just going to tell you to remove Norton or AVG.

I have this issue, but my computer spec says its 64 bit, but program files (x86) would suggest otherwise.

I have tried the .jar file but that wont open with java, its a blank page that doesn't recognize it can open with java, i have had both versions of java installed alone to try it and also both at the same time.

The ammount of fixes i have tried is unbelievable, i get both issues "cant find java directory" (running 32-bit) and also get no report and the launcher closes searching for updates :(