Installation Issue

Mr_Adam_Bomb

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Mac Version?

Operating System: Apple OSX 10.5.8

Version of Java: 1.5.0_30 from Apple Inc

Description of Problem: Program does not install successfully or does not run once installed.

Antivirus program: none

Error Messages: The actions "Run AppleScript" has encountered an error. Check the actions properties and try running the workflow again.

Link to pastebin of log: I don't think I have one because I cannot find a Technic folder in my library.

Walkthough of what I'm doing:

- Went to www.technicpack.net -> Technic Launcher

- Clicked on MAC VERSION (for Macs)

- .zip file pops up and I click open

- A loading window pops up for a split second and then disappears

- Finder opened up revealing Technic Launcher application icon in my downloads folder

- When I click it I get the usual "This is an application from the internet, are you sure?" question and I clicked open.

- Text box appears which says "A new client update as found! Update?". I think to myself, "why the heck not?" so I click update.

- Another text box tells me it has successfully updated.

- Then an error box appears: The actions "Run AppleScript" has encountered an error. Check the actions properties and try running the workflow again.

- My only option is an Okay button.

NOTES:

Yes, I have checked to see if I have an update for Java.

Yes, I did what (I think) I needed to do to reveal hidden folders in my library.

Yes, I have read through http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4193.0.html and I did not find an answer but I did find someone who had the same problem and had been probated for posting in the wrong thread.

Yes, I did look up the word "probate" and then feel really stupid when I realized it means to put on probation. (it makes sense!)

Yes, I have tried searching on the forums but obviously I'm searching for the wrong things because I am not getting any helpful answers.

Yes, I am frustrated and willing to accept the fact that I'm probably making a stupid mistake and will most likely be ridiculed for it...

So... I'm stuck. Any help for me?

6 answers to this question

I've been researching and my computer hardware is capable of 10.7 but it's going to cost me $30 to upgrade to 10.6 and another $30 to upgrade to the 10.7 version. So, my question is do I have to go all the way to 10.7 or would 10.6 be enough? Is anyone here currently running the Technic Launcher on OSX 10.6?

(Sorry for the double post but if anyone with an answer was looking around I wanted them to know I had a newish question...)

I am on 10.6.8 OS X, have Java SE 6, 64-bit and have the same exact problem. Will update if I find a solution. Based on what I've read in the forums, the Technic team doesn't seem to care too much, so we'll have to figure this out on our own.