3 Elec. Engines for Quarry aren't taking power from Batboxes & MFE TOGETHER!? :(

I've got 3 Electric Engines powering a quarry (I know, not the most efficient) and I'm having some issues with powering them. I've got 2 batboxes and 1 MFE as storage sources (see image), getting power from 8 wind turbines on the roof. Glass fibre cable running to the storage, and then double insulated gold cable running down to the engines...

The problem is when they are all connected like the photo, it will ONLY take EUs from the MFE, and never the Batboxes. I can use a wrench to turn the MFE, where the output is open, and THEN it draws from the Batboxes. But, not when they are all hooked up.

WHYYY???!!! ;_;

LqoLU.png

Yes, exactly. Have a batbox with its output on the bottom, then a wire from that leading to another batbox, also with its output on the bottom, then an MFE under that... When you hook the machine up, it will draw power from the MFE. As the MFE loses power, it will recharge itself from the batbox above it, which will in turn draw from the batbox above that. It just gives you a larger power capacity.

That works great! Didn't even need the wires in between. Another question though... Do the batboxes only charge at a certain rate, or does that depend on the power source? Basically, I'm wondering if it would charge faster if I added more wind turbines or solar panels...

They will charge faster with a better power source or more wind turbines. Wind turbines are the poorest EU generators in IC2.

They are? I thought solar panels generated much slower...

And AnnaMayBelle, I'll look into that! Thanks!

They are? I thought solar panels generated much slower...

And AnnaMayBelle, I'll look into that! Thanks!

Wind generators can be faster, if built right, and you're lucky. Solar panels are very consistent, but they don't generate when it's raining or during the night. Neither is capable of producing large amount of power without compact solars, which are ludicrously expensive.