Factions semi-protecting machines

Mojokojo

Question

Now, factions has always caused a million problems with Tekkit but this is a new one that I'm just stumped on. I've been searching every where and can't find a lick of info on the subject.

Problem:

Machines ARE protected within factions territory.

Machines can be opened by any player no matter if enemy or not.

Machines are vulnerable to theft of overclocks, items and etc while power is still at a good ratio.

Plugins:

CCLogger, ChopTree2, MCMMO, Herochat, Essentials, Groupmanager, Hawkeye, iConomy, TopPVP, World Edit, World Guard, CraftBook, ChestShop, BkCommonLib, MMA_compat, Factions, Factions Plus, MineEstates

Expected result:

Machines be locked up just like everything else.

Any ideas ?

8 answers to this question

I'd recommend installing the LWC plugin, it allows you to add custom block IDs to be protected. This stops users from being able to open machines and comes with commands like /cpersist to easily lock several machines at once with ease. It works fine on my server and any thefts from unprotected machines, we unfortunately can't help with as there are no logs for machine transactions, but we do encourage our users to lock them.

I'd recommend installing the LWC plugin, it allows you to add custom block IDs to be protected. This stops users from being able to open machines and comes with commands like /cpersist to easily lock several machines at once with ease. It works fine on my server and any thefts from unprotected machines, we unfortunately can't help with as there are no logs for machine transactions, but we do encourage our users to lock them.

My server uses LWC with a limit of 2 chests only. This allows for each player to have two un-raidable chests. Is there a way I could have this exact same concept but have LWC on the machines ?

I think you can also set limits for IDs as well as things like chests, perhaps for each ID, set it to infinite in the limits configuration. You can also allow a user to have infinite protections with every single item except chests, like below. So as long as you define the IDs to be protected in the core, you should be fine. If you want a list of IDs to be protected, the list I use is below.

Example:

default: unlimited

chest: 2

My LWC custom protections list:

'137':

enabled: true

'150':

'169':

'178':

'181':

'183':

'187':

'188':

'190':

'194':

'213':

'214':

'227':

'225':

'233':

'246':

'250':

'342':

'343':

I think you can also set limits for IDs as well as things like chests, perhaps for each ID, set it to infinite in the limits configuration. You can also allow a user to have infinite protections with every single item except chests, like below. So as long as you define the IDs to be protected in the core, you should be fine. If you want a list of IDs to be protected, the list I use is below.

-snip-

Thanks a lot! This helps a lot. One question before I apply this though.

Does 181 cover all the way through 181:5 ?

Yeah, you only need the ID, not the data value. Using your example, putting '181' will protect everything with that ID, 181:0, 181:1, 181:2 etc.

Awesome. This raises another question.

I wanted to include 181 to the two chest limit. Is this possible or would I end up have four total locks for chests because of having it setup like this -

default: unlimited

chest: 2

'181': 2

Or is that even possible ?