[3.0.3/3.0.4] Tekkit screen turns white then crashes when I push to open Inventory

boomboomdead

Question

Title: Tekkit screen turns white then crashes when I push to open Inventory

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Version 7 Update 4

Description of Problem:

When I am in game on a server ill push (e) to open my inventory when first my tekkit screen will freeze then it will turn white. To close it I have to push ctrl+alt+delete

Error Messages:

No error message

Error Log:

[url]http://pastebin.com/DaWfijut[/url]

19 answers to this question

This is closer, but it's still not the full log. It may have the relevant part, though. What have you done to try and fix this? I would guess that you need to get a new launcher, but...not sure.

i tried doing everything i said in the previous post again but it continues to happen

@Wgd: Why are you threadjacking?

To answer all questions regarding opening inventory crashing your game: It's highly likely that your inventory has a corrupted item in it. This usually means you have to delete your player.dat file from the server file structure. You lose your inventory (bag contents should be okay), but it will typically stop crashing you. If it doesn't, NEI is broken and I'd reinstall the client first, then the server if the client doesn't fix it.

I was able to reproduce the error several times. It happens on two different multiplayer servers that I use. I can play as long as I like as long as I don't attempt to open an inventory.

I tried renaming the EE mod zip ro zEE mod since that has been know to cause issue for mac users... no luck.

http://www.futurebird.com/images/log2.txt

things I've done:

• re-install java
  • re-install the technic launcherr
  • another user suggested changing the key that opened the inventory. I did this, changed it to X, but when I pressed X I crashed again.

What else can I try?

Oh one other thing! every time I log in all my settings/achievements are gone ... for example I must change the video settings: brightness, render distance etc... they are all set back to the default for some reason.

I also wanted to add that others sem to be using the server normally.

i am the owner of the server future bird is playing on, we are finding that iron shovels are corrupting player inventories, we have not been able to track this down on our main tekkit server, but oddly enough they don't crash it's twin testing server. which we are able to use to remove the shovels and repair the playerfiles.

i am not the server manager for the tekkit server so if you want technical details it will take a bit to get them.