Launcher launches up, but when I change directory, it says please use a empty directory

AnnoyedMinecrafter

Question

Launcher Version: 253

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When I launched the Technic Luancher earlier, it said new Directory needed. WHEN I ALREADY HAD A DIRECTORY. i deleted my old directory because it wasnt needed. Could that be the problem? And when I tried changing it after pressing no to do you want to change the directory?, i tried it in launcher because I accidentally changed my directory, and it just comes up with, Please use a empty directory, or your default install folder with settings.yml. Please help ASAP!

P.S I tried deleting my newest .technic folder, and it still comes up with this error message :(

EDIT: I can now change my directory, but once I press save, I look back at the directory, and it had reverted back to the directory before I changed it at that moment. So basically it went back to D:/ from D:/.technic

Error Messages:

"please use a empty directory, or your default install folder with settings.yml".

Error Log:

4 answers to this question

This isn't actually an error message really. This is the message you get when you don't have a main directory anymore, or when it's your first time starting the launcher. If you delete or change the location of your .Technic folder the launcher will no longer know where to look for your packs. This is it asking you to make a new location, or if it's the first run, to pick a location. To get it to stop telling you to use an empty directory just make an empty folder named .Technic where you'd like to save your modpacks and tell it to use that folder. The folder has to be empty or it will refuse. This is to prevent you from accidentally installing modpacks into an important folder.

If you still have your old .Technic folder, you can copy and paste all the files inside it into your new one.