Converting a MODPACK to run a server

Greetings. 

currently me a friends are playing the "dungeon hunters" mod pack

its really cool. however im trying to start a server of this except i cant seem to get the specifics running

when i join server it hasnt generated dungeons from some of the mods in the pack

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/i-dont-know-this-name.21840

is the modpack

ive read a few forum posts about putting the 1.6.4 jar and modpack in the server folder with the mods in the mods folder from the client.

there are 55 mods in this and i cant tell which are client side apart from the OBVIOUS ones.

i read this is single player or lan with friend. is some of the mods not useable in server format?

forgive my noobness.

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

• Discord Moderator

So, just so we are on the same page, you are trying to make a server for someone else's modpack? If you don't have control over the modpack then you cannot change anything during the server setup process or the client won't be able to connect. If you want to change things just start with that pack, change what you want and then make a new pack of your own in the Platform.

That being said, here is what I did to make a server with this pack that I could connect to with the (unaltered) client:

• Start the client. The modpack does not include a full compliment of config files and those will be needed for the server. We will refer to the client modpack folder as CLIENT.
  • Create a folder for your server. We will refer to that folder as SERVER.
  • Copy the config, Chocolate and mods folders from CLIENT into SERVER.
  • Remove the following client-only mods from the SERVERmods folder:
  • Enhanced Books
  • In Game Info
  • StatusEffectHUD
  • Damage Indicators
  • minecolonies
  • Rei's Minimap
  • Download the Forge installer for 1.6.4 (#965) and install the server into SERVER.
  • Rename the Forge jar in SERVER to "forge.jar".
  • Create a batch file to start your server with and use a line similar to this to start the server:
java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m --XX:PermSize=128m -jar forge.jar nogui
  •  Launch the newly created batch file to start your server, connect and enjoy.
Edited by plowmanplow