Modpack unzipping error

WhyteWynd

Hi,

When my modpack is updating (I added 1 mod) it gets to about 97% and then brings up an error that says: error unzipping: IlegalArgumentException.

Here is a link to my pack:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/k7db5s5ng0gcn6q/Whyter%20Pack.zip?dl=1

-

I don't know if this error is caused by me trying to update the modpack, but now if I try and go into the modpack without updating it only shows 17 mods at the bottom left of my screen instead of the 33 I had.

-

Please help :)

Thanks

Edited by WhyteWynd

• Discord Moderator

Always include the API URL of your custom modpack when requesting assistance. Since the Launcher is having trouble extracting the modpack this will be required in order to figure out what is happening. When I use the contents of the download you provided in my test environment it works correctly.

Always include the API URL of your custom modpack when requesting assistance. Since the Launcher is having trouble extracting the modpack this will be required in order to figure out what is happening. When I use the contents of the download you provided in my test environment it works correctly.

Thanks, next time I will include it. But I figured it out :)

The error has come back :(

the download is in the first post and API link is here:

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/whyter-pack

Thanks.... 

• Discord Moderator

Somewhere in the process of extracting and repackaging your modpack archive you have damaged the Millenaire mod's folder structure. You will need to remove all of the files and folders related to Millenaire and re-download/re-install the mod.

Somewhere in the process of extracting and repackaging your modpack archive you have damaged the Millenaire mod's folder structure. You will need to remove all of the files and folders related to Millenaire and re-download/re-install the mod.

I did exactly this. I even rebuilt it from scratch and took the millenaire folders and files from the older zip that you gave me on copy.com and

the same error occurs.

Please help...

• Discord Moderator

I'm not sure how it's happening on your end, but your modsmillenaire and modsmillenaire-custom folders are getting corrupted somehow. Your modpack archive is failing the extract process. If I unzip your archive (which works) with WinZip and recreate the archive it also fails. If I extract your archive and replace those two folders with the ones from the Millenaire download and recreate the archive it then works fine in the launcher. Can you provide, in some detail, the process you use to create your modpack archive?

I'm not sure how it's happening on your end, but your modsmillenaire and modsmillenaire-custom folders are getting corrupted somehow. Your modpack archive is failing the extract process. If I unzip your archive (which works) with WinZip and recreate the archive it also fails. If I extract your archive and replace those two folders with the ones from the Millenaire download and recreate the archive it then works fine in the launcher. Can you provide, in some detail, the process you use to create your modpack archive?

I placed all the necessary files and folders in a folder on my desktop, then I take the mods from my downloads and the millenaire files and folders from the zip file that you supplied me with that worked. then I select all the files in the main folder and send to zip/archive or whatever it was.

• Discord Moderator

You should be using a "known good" staging folder for assembling your modpack archive. Once you have a good version of Millenaire in the tree never copy into or over those folders unless you are upgrading the mod. Then you'll never have to deal with whatever process or methods you are using which are corrupting the files in that folder structure.