Launcher Problems (following the report format)

alex haworth

Question

Posting on behalf of a friend (not that sampler guy).

Launcher/pack Version: Launcher EXE (1.0.1.3)

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Version of Java: 7 64 bit

Description of Problem: When she uses the launcher, the Technic logo comes up and then nada. See below screenshot. I tried to get her to load it with Java directly from the .technic folder and she had an error message.

Antivirus program: Mcafee

Error Messages: None.

Link to pastebin of log: None.

Screenshot of logo on screen not going further: http://puu.sh/CV64

Screenshot of error when trying to right click > open with > java: http://puu.sh/CVjY

Possible problems: Slow internet (she uses her next door neighbour's wireless) or perhaps it's because she bought the cheapest netbook they sold at Walmart.

23 answers to this question

Okay, We could probably play telephone for six hours trying to help her, but that would be twice as much work as is probably necessary. Have her come on and post a bug report herself. We don't bite, as long as you follow the rules.

ok it works, thanks!

one more problem although i know it's not this forum's area of expertise, i'd be really grateful for your assistance. when i try and join my friend's server i gets the following:

CWaO

i understand this means that the client version is different to the host version, but i thought that the launcher made it the same version.

I think the admins should know this: the render distance is bugged in tekkit. By default, it says "+-32" or something on the bar, and it renders the game like that. It's happened to several of my friends. You just have to change the render distance to fix it.

I think the admins should know this: the render distance is bugged in tekkit. By default, it says "+-32" or something on the bar, and it renders the game like that. It's happened to several of my friends. You just have to change the render distance to fix it.

That's "Tiny - 32", which is essentially zero. Turn it up to anything. "Far" is halfway across the bar, any more than that (and sometimes less) can crash a low-end machine.