Tekkit Server

TheDerf779

Hello my friends and I thought of making a server so i started one up because i got a decent computer, but anyways when i start up the launcher it says :

C:Usershouse_000Desktoptekkit server 3>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar no
gui
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

C:Usershouse_000Desktoptekkit server 3>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Any idea on what to do because I've been on every tekkit server video and thread around and i still cant find a fix to this and am wondering if there is a fix or something. I've tried changing the amount of ram and stuff that goes into my server but it dosnt change it still stays at xmx3g and xms2g, right now i have mine set up as : #!/bin/sh
java -Xmx4G -Xms7G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

You don't have enough ram to launch your server.

(this might sound rude but i 100% am not saying this in a rude way) I dont think you understand. i got 12 gigs of ram and im putting 7 in it but when i launch the server command prompt it stays at xmx3G & xms2G so its basically not registering the launch.bat edit that i put in to put more ram in it. ive tried so many things but i still cant find anything out :)

What Java version do you have. Maybe the Java version (32 bit) can't assign more than 1 gig.

The server is 32bit and my pc and windows and all that is 64bit, idk if theres a 64bit tekkit server i can download because i was trying to find one and couldnt seem to find any.

Im pretty sure i have 64bit java already?

If it's telling you there isn't enough memory to reserve 3GB for the server, and the computer itself has 12GB, whether or not you have 64-bit Java, the server is using 32-bit Java.  Double-check your Java installation(s), since it's quite possible to have (and use) both.  A quick way of doing this is to check your launcher settings to see if it will let you assign 2GB or more to the launcher.

If it's telling you there isn't enough memory to reserve 3GB for the server, and the computer itself has 12GB, whether or not you have 64-bit Java, the server is using 32-bit Java.  Double-check your Java installation(s), since it's quite possible to have (and use) both.  A quick way of doing this is to check your launcher settings to see if it will let you assign 2GB or more to the launcher.

im so confused im sorry xD

Run your launcher.  Click launcher settings in the corner.  Click the Java Settings tab.  Click the drop down menu for memory.  If the options stop at 1536 MB or 1.5 GB, or maybe only 1024 MB or 1 GB, you're using 32-bit Java.  Install 64-bit Java from the link I gave earlier and reboot.  Then check the launcher settings again.