Ip problem...

So, i downloaded the tekkit server thingy, and I'm like yeah! Then i ran it, and tried to connect with the ip i usually use for a server, but it didn't work... so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the ip? Do i need to use a different one?

• Forum Administrators

Oh boy it's a good thing they just invented that telepathic computer debugger 5000. Otherwise we would probably have no idea what the hell you are talking about!

>.> ok, so i downloaded the tekkit server version, the zip file on the tekkit page. And i put it in a folder, extracted it, and then ran the .bat file to start the server. Then, i went into minecraft, and i already have a vanilla server, so i figured if i didn't have that running then the ip for both the tekkit and my vanilla one would be the same. So i just typed in my normal ip, but it didn't work. Clearer for you?

Well, im pretty sure i used the internal, i did use the 25565 port at the end. hm... lemmie run it again and see, hold on. So i just ran it and i got a bunch of (SEVERE) things about files? Thats probably it huh...