The "launcher" isn't launching.

Claustric

Question

Launcher/pack Version:
1.0.1.3, latest launcher

Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3)

Version of Java:
Java 1.7.0

Description of Problem:
Upon running the launcher, nothing happens. Shows the splash logo for half a second, which disappears, then...that's it. Nothing else. Can't really figure out what to do from here. I had a batch file before that opened it, but I can't remember what the arguments were to recreate it.

Antivirus program:
Microsoft Security Essentials

11 answers to this question

post your log.

Don't have one. The ".techniclauncher" folder is empty aside from just the technic-launcher.jar file. And that .jar file never likes to open directly via double-clicking, I've always had to create batch files to launch .jar applications.

okay, try downloading the .jar from the site, and see how you fare with that.

Also, try ensuring that you have it utilizing java 7, since some people still have a java 6 install, even after getting Java 7.

okay, try downloading the .jar from the site, and see how you fare with that.

Also, try ensuring that you have it utilizing java 7, since some people still have a java 6 install, even after getting Java 7.

I don't even have Java 6 installed. Made sure to get rid of it completely because I read about problems like that before. Was quite a tedious task to do so, but, yeah.

Got the .jar to open now without needing a batch file, but now instead, there's literally no textures on anything. Everything is a pale blue color, so I'm a little bit baffled by that. I wouldn't know how to fix that one.

Here's my entire log file, if it helps any.

http://www.pastie.org/4157309

Edit: Never mind, got it. Tweaked the graphics settings a bit and got it to work again. Everything's running perfectly.

Like what? Start your own thread with your specific information.

My topic is deleted and I dont know why.....

Well, if your problem really is like this, then the post right above yours solved it.

Can you explain simpler ( I dont understand everything how he solved this problem) :)

Your topic was probably deleted because you either posted it in the wrong section, or didn't follow the report format.

He fixed it by deleting all the java 6 crap, getting java 7, and launching the .jar.