Really need some help, please!

asianhalfsquat

Hello,

I recently put together a modpack, and plan to play it with my brother. I have successfully started it on my computer (running windows), but it is not working on his (a mac). The modpack (it is called asianhalfsquat's modpack) downloads successfully, but when I try to RUN it, it tells me I need to have at least java 7. I already have java 7 installed, and I have also tried downloading java 8. I checked in the settings, and it says I can change my java version. If I try removing java 6, I get an error when launching the game telling me I need java 6. Then, as a recap, if I have both versions, or only java 6, when I launch my technic pack it tells me my mods need java 7. Another issue, I have no idea where java installs. There is no java folder in library, which is apposing what I have seen. I honestly have no idea what to do, and have been trying to figure it out for hours. Can anybody please tell me where the directory is that might have the selectable executable for java, on a mac, so I can use it. please respond as soon as possible. Thanks you very much in advance.