Looking for a good modpack

1baldeagle1

Hello, I have been playing Minecraft (vanilla) for almost 4 years now. Lately I have been trying to get into a good modpack, so I can keep playing without getting bored. But I have no idea which modpacks are best for begginers at modded Minecraft, so which modpack is recommded for new players in the modded world?

i suggest just jumping in a main technic modpack on the technic launcher. Attack of the B-Team is the best in my opinion. its easy to get materials because the ores are surfaced. this allows you to focus on the mods themselves. it will be overwhelming at first but just do what feels natural to you. when i first started getting into modpacks i did what i did in vanilla, built a home, a small mine, and then punched grasses until i got every seed lol. i hid in my comfy zone of farming. in Attack of the B-Team (AOTBT) there is a mod called FoodsPlus where you can make loads of different kind of food and drinks. After i mastered that i moved on to make my farming experience easier. so i worked on learning how to use the Minefactory Reload Mod to automate my farm. you can look on youtube and wikis to help you know everything about the nod you are interested in. and in time, you will be covenant to take on any mod. 

but dont get frustrated if you dont know what to do, just play how you normally play and have fun learning everything :D

Edited by gumygum62

Tekkit is always a good place to start. Gives you a nice variety of mods without increasing the difficulty. Makes it easy to get used to the several of the mods that are commonly featured in most mod packs.

Or if you want to dive in blind looking for a very steep learning curve, you can try mine. I wouldn't suggest it for someone not used to modded survival minecraft.