Tekkit server without mods?

Anden0401

Hi, I'm new at this forum, and kind of a noob when it comes to the serverthing.

I'm trying to put op a server with hamachi, so that I can play with my friends.
We have earlier played on a local world, but when i try to play it trugh the server, there is no mods worhing.
I can still see the reserpies, but all ouer stoff from mods is gone, and we can only craft vanilla items.

I have ofc made the name of the old save "world" before launching the server.

We were playing on Tekkit build 1.2.9f, and as far as I can see, the server is of same build.

Hope someone can help me, ty!

You started a vanilla server. This happens when you neglect to use to the provided launch script and just click on the (wrong) JAR file. Use the script and it should work.

You should also re-import your world before you try again, because the server will have stripped the save of all modded blocks now.

Edited by Curunir

Ty for the response. :)

But when I launch the providet "launch.bat" it does not open a server, only a cmd window with ALOT of text?
I have tried many different "how to fix launch error" but nothing seems to work. In my cmd i get the error:

"2015-02-23 11:32:15 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft"

"2015-02-23 11:32:15 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod appeng.transformer.AppEngCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft"

"2015-02-23 11:32:15 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod calclavia.lib.CalclaviaPluginLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft"

"2015-02-23 11:32:15 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft"

"2015-02-23 11:32:15 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod cofh.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft"

It goes on, but the problem seems to be with Forge, any help?

Edited by Anden0401

What you are seeing is not a problem at all, but normal server operation - which is a command console with lots of meaningless text (meaningless if you're not a code guru, and sometimes even then). The annotation errors are just message spam and can safely be ignored. If something seriously goes wrong, you will get a crash log, which we can discuss on the tracker. But until this happens, you actually have no problem - at least not with the server.

So what you do now is: Run the server with the launch script, wait for it to stop rolling through new text, and then try to connect with your client.

Well, that is too bad, then.

If you want technical support with this, you need to take it to the tracker. But I daresay that finding and reading a tutorial on how to run a Minecraft server might make more sense for you. Running a server, especially a modded one, requires some basic level of knowledge. Reading a tutorial should make clear what you are doing wrong much faster than us going back and forth here for another ten iterations. And yes, I mean reading. Video tutorials may be all the rage these days, but they are shit when it comes to configurable stuff that requires thinking.

If another specific question arises during your studies, you are of course welcome to ask.

Edited by Curunir

1.2.9e and 1.2.9f are practically identical, with the sole exception of Legacy Java Fixer having been added to the latter. You can safely mix them, as long as everybody running the "e" version is strictly using the latest Java 7 (not 8). Server users are required to "roll their own" 1.2.9f by adding the Legacy Java Fixer themselves, if they require Java 8 compatibility. I have no idea why the server didn't get that update, but at least it is trivial to add. The file goes into the mods directory and you are set.

Edited by Curunir

Glad it works. What happened before was the server crashing - I did not point out the Java thing earlier because you gave no indication that it crashed. In the future, always look out for crash logs under /crash-reports and >post them on the tracker if something goes wrong.

Have fun playing.

It did not crash. cmd just came up with "press any key", and then nothing. If I had a crash report, I would have uploadet for help. ^^ It gave me nothing, and thats why it was so fustrating.

Ty, and have a nice day!

Edited by Anden0401