modpack keeps opening in vanilla mc instead of forge

darkpredator666

• Discord Moderator
  • Your modpack.jar is named "modpack.jar.jar". Google "windows explorer always show file extensions" for detailed information on how to prevent this type of error.
  • Your modpack settings have the pack configured to be 1.8.1 instead of 1.8 which is required to use Forge for 1.8.
  • You will need to use a version of Forge for 1.8 with an updated version.json file in order to get it working in the Launcher. The easiest way to do this is to get the Forge 1.8 modpack.jar I use in my BareBonesPack: http://solder.circlecraft.info/mods/minecraft-forge/minecraft-forge-1.8_11.14.1.1336p.zip

• Discord Moderator
  • You changed your modpack archive but failed to increment/change the pack version number in the settings. The Launcher is not notified that a new version is available until the pack version number changes.
  • You have NotEnoughItems mod but not the dependency mod CodeChickenCore. Get the latest versions of both from the mod author's website.
  • Your version of LunatriusCore and Schematica do not match. Get the latest LunatriusCore.

ok so lets see:

modpack version needs to be 1.8.1 right? (i currently set it to 1.8 since i added the modpack.jar u gave me)

i need to add the codechickencore 

i need to make sure lunatriusCore and Schematica match (how do i tell is the 2 match? as far as i can tell they are both 1.8)

(im just asking now bc i am away frommy comp and unable to edit the pack now)

Edited by darkpredator666

• Discord Moderator
  • No, Forge is for MC 1.8, not 1.8.1. You must select the MC version that matches the Forge version you are using. You need 1.8.
  • If you get your mods directly from the author's forum threads, website, Curse, etc., and you always download the newest versions from there they should match.

ok this is my stats now... 

codechikencore match notenoughitems mod

lunatrius match schematica

the mod pack version is 1.8 matching the modpack.jar

and it still wont open

edit: optifine 1.8.1 was in the mod, i changed it to 1.8 to see if that'll work

Edit 2:

It works!!!!

what i did was i removed the coremods folder (as it was empty)... i did also have to remake the modpack on the technic site as it refused to update the download link but it is all good now! thank you so much for you help!!

Edited by darkpredator666