Block id error when launching server in linux (Slot 241) -with workaround-

tabbek

Question

When launching the server on my ubuntu box (11.10 x86_64) I get a block ID error of the following:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 241 is already occupied by ic2.common.BlockRubSapling@15b08736 when adding codechicken.enderchest.BlockEnderChest@787cf559

server.log @ http://pastebin.com/9mNZdG6G

ModLoader.log @ http://pastebin.com/bpanCPBZ

~$ which java

/usr/bin/java

~$ java -version

java version "1.7.0_02"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_02-b13)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 22.0-b10, mixed mode)

NOTE : "1-industrialcraft2-1.70-cb1.1R4-r2.zip" I added the "1-" in an attempt to see if it was an issue with load order. With the zip name unmodified, the same error occurs, but ic2.common.BlockRubSapling and codechicken.enderchest.BlockEnderChest are reversed.

I can take the same set of files, copy them to my windows 7 box, and run the server without issue. Server was previously hosting a 1.1.4 tekkit server and was cleared out and repurposed for 2.0.

If I'm missing something glaring, please send me off with a slap to the head :-\

edit: appended "Slot 241 is already occupied" to subject.

19 answers to this question

Re: Block id error when launching server in linux

I have the same problem.

Win server works fine, but linux server (with the same files) responds to this issue.

BTW, i have a clean installation without affecting the configuration Tekkit.

Clarifying more on my issue, tekkit displays the error tabbek had, but it doesn't automatically stop the server. It goes to the normal prompt for entering commands. If you press enter, the server stops, but if you don't, you get this error:

Exception in thread "WirelessRedstoneUpdaterThread" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)

at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:349)

at net.minecraft.server.PacketHandlerRedstoneWireless$PacketHandlerOutput.sendEtherTilesToAll(PacketHandlerRedstoneWireless.java:168)

at net.minecraft.server.mod_WirelessRedstone$1.run(mod_WirelessRedstone.java:74)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

I got this too, both the IC2 error and Wireless Redstone error. My solution was to simply turn off The Enderchest in config/ModLoader.cfg

It's not a good fix, nor one that should have to be use, but so far it worked.

Seems there are a few other threads open now regarding the Slot 241 issue. Hope this gets a bit more attention.

Really confused regarding why it has no block conflicts when run in a Windows environment, but the exact same files copied to a fresh linux environment, server will not run without the slot 241 error.

Edit for more info.

From the linux server:

~/config$ for i in `ls` ; do echo $i ; cat $i | grep 241 ; done

EnderChest.cfg

block.id=241

IC2.cfg

blockRubSapling=241

IC2.lang

<trimmed rest of output>

Waiting on ~/config/* from a friend hosing on windows for comparison as I do not have access to anything other than *nix atm.

Re: Block id error when launching server in linux (Slot 241 is already occupied)

Was able to redownload to check the files. Not sure why, but when deploying on linux, EnderChest.cfg gets changed.

as downloaded:

#EnderChest Configuration File

#Deleting any element will restore it to it's default value

#Block ID's will be automatically generated the first time it's run

block.id=178

gui.id=165

Deployed and run:

$ cat EnderChest.cfg

#EnderChest Configuration File

#Deleting any element will restore it to it's default value

#Block ID's will be automatically generated the first time it's run

block.id=241

gui.id=165

Just finished a quick test.

Not sure what about the first time run caused the block ID to be modified, but once I manually edited the EnderChest.cfg on the server from 241 back to 178, the server was able to start without issue, including the wireless redstone error noted in my initial log. No access to client to actually try and log in, but the server started without error after the change.

*Current Workaround*

After deploying to the linux host, start the server, let it error and die. Edit the EnderChest.cfg and modify "241" to "178". Save. Restart the server. Win.

*Current Problem Statement*

When running the server after a fresh download, the preconfigured value for enderchests is changed from 178 to 241. Unknown what or why the block id changed.

Well, I just tried your "quick fix" as I call it, and the block ID magically changes it back to 241, and I got very angry and don't know what to do, also, the wifiredstone error occurred for me too. check out my post to see the error report here: http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,1891.msg11499.html#msg11499

Update: when I disabled ender chest I got this error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 176 is already occupied by ee.BlockEEPedestal@73c622ec when adding buildcraft.transport.LegacyBlock@551eef55

at net.minecraft.server.Block.<init>(Block.java:175)

at net.minecraft.server.BlockContainer.<init>(BlockContainer.java:12)

at buildcraft.transport.LegacyBlock.<init>(LegacyBlock.java:14)

at net.minecraft.server.BuildCraftTransport.initialize(BuildCraftTransport.java:130)

at net.minecraft.server.mod_BuildCraftTransport.ModsLoaded(mod_BuildCraftTransport.java:14)

at net.minecraft.server.ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:706)

at net.minecraft.server.ModLoader.Init(ModLoader.java:1357)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:102)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:411)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

2012-02-24 16:39:12 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 176 is already occupied by ee.BlockEEPedestal@73c622ec when adding buildcraft.transport.LegacyBlock@551eef55

at net.minecraft.server.BuildCraftTransport.initialize(BuildCraftTransport.java:130)

at net.minecraft.server.mod_BuildCraftTransport.ModsLoaded(mod_BuildCraftTransport.java:14)

2012-02-24 16:39:12 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: ModLoader has failed to initialize.

at net.minecraft.server.ModLoader.ThrowException(ModLoader.java:1292)

at net.minecraft.server.ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:715)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 176 is already occupied by ee.BlockEEPedestal@73c622ec when adding buildcraft.transport.LegacyBlock@551eef55

... 4 more

And also I had problems with wireless redstone, what is this joke.

Could you provide more detail on when specifically it changes back to 241 for you?

Change, save, close, reopen and it reverts?

Change, save, close, start server, reopen and it's reverted?

I'm trying to figure out if / when the file "changes back". Possibilities:

Change to file isn't actually saved - block id appears to revert if you reopen the file right after write/closing, before starting the server

Change to file reverted at server start - block ID is saved correctly, and remains correct when file is write/closed and reopened, but changes after the server is started.

Change to file reverted at server stop - I doubt this is it, as the error condition would need to be present when the server starts or is starting.

--> pieiscool32 : What environment are you running tekkit server in (os and version) and permissions do you see on the file itself, and container directory?

:~/config$ ls -lan

total 84

drwxrwxr-x 4 1000 1000 4096 Feb 24 11:21 .

drwxr-xr-x 18 1000 1000 4096 Feb 24 13:50 ..

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 194 Feb 24 12:41 EnderChest.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 7894 Feb 24 12:41 IC2.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 11579 Jan 31 12:29 IC2.lang

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 236 Feb 21 23:24 IC2ChargingBench.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 762 Feb 24 12:41 ModLoader.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 702 Jan 31 12:29 NEI.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 503 Feb 22 00:37 NEIServer.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 1063 Feb 24 12:41 NetherOres.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 3036 Feb 24 12:41 PowerConverters.cfg

drwxrwxr-x 2 1000 1000 4096 Feb 23 18:22 forestry

drwxrwxr-x 3 1000 1000 4096 Feb 23 18:22 itemdescriptions

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 533 Feb 2 23:10 mod_ComputerCraft.cfg

-rw-rw-r-- 1 1000 1000 13912 Feb 24 12:41 railcraft.cfg

If you check out the link in my last post I have all the specs there. I go into the enderchest config and change 241 to 178, than I go and start the server, than it crashes saying that block 241 is a problem, go to check the file and it has changed!

NOTE: yes I did double check to see it was saved properly, both not he physical server and WINSCP, than started the server and got the error

EDIT: yes, I do see it in the ls directory, all the configs that you see but I have a total of 196 not 84, but I did move some goings into the config folder....

My tekkit is really weird, I changed the file, ran the server, but it still got the error. The file still said that it had the block id 178. I turned it off, but it gave me an error for additionalpipes, I turned that off and got an error for redpower core, so I turned that off and the server is running fine. My server says that redpower core is working after it loads the world. :P

This may be irrelevant to this thread, however it is a Linux problem. None of my players, including me, can connect to my Tekkit 2.0 server when running on CentOS 6 64 bit. It is hosted on a server with 12 cores in the CPU, so there shouldn't be any overloading there. It is also a hosting company that is very good at what they do, not my computer running the server. The server starts perfect with no errors at all. However, it refuses all connections to the server, even query attempts.

Anyone else getting this issue?

This may be irrelevant to this thread, however it is a Linux problem. None of my players, including me, can connect to my Tekkit 2.0 server when running on CentOS 6 64 bit. It is hosted on a server with 12 cores in the CPU, so there shouldn't be any overloading there. It is also a hosting company that is very good at what they do, not my computer running the server. The server starts perfect with no errors at all. However, it refuses all connections to the server, even query attempts.

Anyone else getting this issue?

Your lucky that you can boot up the server, mine just keep crashing, the server is set with a 5 try debugging thing, and even after that it just stalls and I have to manually quit the program. You know what's ironic to me? I WANTED a linux server, now we are having tons of problems with linux.... WHY!?!?! :'(

Note that changing the enderchest.cfg does not work it gets reset. So i modified it in the ic2.cfg i.e th econflicting item.

if you made 241 to 176 it maybe conflicting with another item make sure u choose an unused slot. hence y i chose 251.

however, i think this may have broken this item dropping from the trees.

you may want to focus your search on why enderchest.cfg is getting reset instead of choosing an arbitrary ID to change (which clients would not have the same change by default).

If you chop down a rubber tree, do ender chests fall from the leaves? :P