Building Technic Launcher

avilys

I am trying to build my own Technic Launcher on Windows 7 x64 to get some more debug/info statements in the code. I've managed to build the version available on GitHub from:

• launchercode commit 229eb17c (last version with 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
  • launcher commit 996462e5 (lastStableBuild #446)

The newly built launcher works fine, but it's size is only 2922 KB, while the launcher, that get's downloaded in the update process (#283) is 4522 KB (and it overwrites my launcher). I can redirect the update request, but the newly built launcher is obviously not built the same way as the "official" one.

I would like to know, from which modules/commits/source code is the "official" launcher built, so that I can built it too?

• Moderators

Moved this, since it had no business being on Bug Reports.

I heard that the launcher is a fork from Spout, Spout.org. But if that is the current launcher and not the old one I don't know. You'd be better off asking the admins on Technic IRC

Good luck building your own launcher

Thank you for the tip about IRC, it's just that I thought that this is the official forum for Technic launcher/platform and that the software authors read this forum.

Maybe the code for the new launcher is not open sourced anymore, or hasn't been committed into existing GitHub repo yet or there exists some other GitHub/Bitbucket repo, from where it's built ...