help with installing 64 bit java

finalmetal

i have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit operating system and i am using 32 bit java, the last time i tried to download 64 bit java, my computer started running so slow that i could not even play vanilla, how do i install 64 bit with out loosing any performance on my computer, also when i installed it last i couldn't start Steam or play any Steam Games, i had to buy a new operating system, because i lost my computer restore disks and had no way to go back to the time before i installed 64 bit last time i installed it,  any help and i am not very tec savay when it comes to computers. thanks

To install java 64 bit, you want to first uninstall any java versions on your computer. 

As you can see I have the latest version of java, this is what you'll be installing. Make sure that when you search for java in this menu, that there is nothing showing up. Then restart you computer. Next you want to go to https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and grab the offline installer for 64 bit. 

Then just click install. 

Now just reboot one more time, and you will have installed Java 8 update 40!

before i read this i tried to run a game that requries 2 GB ram to run with 1 GB and i could not load it, but if i went to a lower setting of ram i could load the game but not a map, does that mean i can not run with more ram or not? also thanks for responding Doctor_Life

To install java 64 bit, you want to first uninstall any java versions on your computer. 

As you can see I have the latest version of java, this is what you'll be installing. Make sure that when you search for java in this menu, that there is nothing showing up. Then restart you computer. Next you want to go to https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and grab the offline installer for 64 bit. 

Then just click install. 

Now just reboot one more time, and you will have installed Java 8 update 40